do the grado sr80 e have lots of treble
Oct 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 7
E-series has some, but less than the original and i-series or maybe it's masked by the increase in bass.

I enjoy 80i for metal, but be aware that the bass really rolls off--a lot less bass than what you're used to on M50. If you want more bass, you'll have to add tape-modded L-cushions and maybe punch some holes next to the driver.

Best luck!

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #6 of 7
If you are switching between larger, full-sized cans like the HiFiMans or Sennheisers, you will think that the Grados have more treble at first. Once you listen for a while you will notice that the sound is actually pretty balanced, with the emphasis on midrange, not treble.  Bass lovers probably won't like the Grados as much, but to me, they are perfect for rock, pop, and jazz.  If you're a "bass head" or love EDM, rap, hip-hop, etc, I'd go with larger headphones.  I love my HiFiMan HE-400s for this reason.  They are perfect for electronic music. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 7
  If you are switching between larger, full-sized cans like the HiFiMans or Sennheisers, you will think that the Grados have more treble at first. Once you listen for a while you will notice that the sound is actually pretty balanced, with the emphasis on midrange, not treble.  Bass lovers probably won't like the Grados as much, but to me, they are perfect for rock, pop, and jazz.  If you're a "bass head" or love EDM, rap, hip-hop, etc, I'd go with larger headphones.  I love my HiFiMan HE-400s for this reason.  They are perfect for electronic music. 

The treble has been toned down with the new drivers ..you definitely hear the bass presence now ..  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back