Do you have one album that you listen to over and over?
Jun 16, 2018 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

GreenBow

Headphoneus Supremus
It doesn't matter if it's not a rock classic, a classical great, or a well known world music album.

Mine is: Sacred Spirit: Chants and Dances of the Native Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Spirit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sacred-Spirit-Chants-Dances-Americans/dp/B000009CIO

I included the Amazon link specifically. It's because if you buy it from Amazon, they give you a second (mp3) album for free download. Or at least they did when I bought it.

Amazon often give you a free mp3 download of the album you buy anyway. However this second album is different to the CD. It's remixes of Sacred Spirit tracks. Some from the CD. Some from other CDs. ... Of this second album, I like tracks 1, 2, 3, and 5. I tacked those tracks onto my CD rip of the CD album.

Anyway, the vocals on this album, I think are genuine Native American. (Meaning I do not understand a word.) The instruments seem more like synth drums, toms, that mimic Native American tom-tom style, etc. While you might think that would sound cheap, pointless, or disrespectful. It works completely naturally.

It's a fairly slow album in places. It's drifty and dreamy. Then in other places it's full of lively beats, and more so in the second album. Yet it still maintains that almost meditative texture.

I love it. I am often finished by the end of the day, and this album makes perfect sense. I must have listened to it hundreds and hundreds of times.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 21
Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself (1971 (year I was born)) is probably the Album I play most often. It was definitely my primary driving to work Album, great way to start the day. Audio equivalent of a Caffeine hit :grin:

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 21
Public Service Broadcasting - Race for Space.

Some really nicely paced electronic music overlaid by period commentary covering Spunik, Gagarin, Kennedy's "We choose to go to the moon" speech, and the Apollo missions. I listen to this over and over again.

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 21
Public Service Broadcasting - Race for Space.

Some really nicely paced electronic music overlaid by period commentary covering Spunik, Gagarin, Kennedy's "We choose to go to the moon" speech, and the Apollo missions. I listen to this over and over again.

Thank you for submitting an album. I am going to listen to all of these suggestions. I like the Uriah Heap one, which is the only one I listened to so far. I intend to buy it. I find myself bemused at how I never really came across their music though. Plus feeling glad that I asked.

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 21
Michel Camilo - Rendezvous
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Hiromi - Alive
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Simon Phillips - Another Lifetime
Yes - Fragile
Chaka Khan - Naughty
John Scofield and Pat Metheny - I can see your house from here
George Porter - Liquid Spirit
Daft Punk - RAM

there are so many more

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #10 of 21
Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #11 of 21
Durutti Column - Guitar and Other Machines - not the last 3 cuts on the CD, fav for 30 years; LC is another master work

others:

Felt - any of the guitar dominated recordings
Joni Mitchell - Blue thru Heijira inclusive
Prokofiev - Love for three oranges, Lt. Kijie
Cowboy Junkies - Whites off Earth Now, Lay it Down
k.d.laing - Igenue
Eagles - Desperado
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
F. Mac - Future Games
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book, Music of my Mind
17 Pygmies - Jedda by the Sea
Flora Purim - Butterfly Dreams
Yes - Fragile
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black, Live Chicago 2017
Charles Ives - Three Places in New England
Minimal Compact - The Figure one Cuts
Beatles - Rubber Soul

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 21
Since I'm a big Eminem fan I tend to listen to his albums over and over upon release due to his inconsistent period between releases. Not too long ago though I was listening to Labor Days by Aesop Rock and also GodLovesUgly by Atmosphere, there was alos a period where I was just listening to Buckethead, Day Of The Robot is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back