Do you like the look of the Sennheiser HD598?
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

arctyler

New Head-Fier
I am in high school and im looking to get a pair of headphones and i am looking for something that is stylish and has a high quality sound but i cant tell weather i like the look of the HD598, my question is, do you like the look of the Sennheiser HD598s? I'm thinking they are more of a older guy kind of headphone, not for someone in high school, but whats your thoughts?

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 9
i think they look great, the cream and brown is a really nice combo, looks good with most things, quite classy too. Coming from a 19 year old btw.

You could give the vmoda M80 a shot if you are having 2nd thoughts. no one can fault the style or quality of those.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
also are they any bit portable? and do they leak out alot of sound?

They are open so not portable. But they look so classy, i love the colour of them!

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 9
also can you buy a shorter cord for those? i hate the fact that the cord that is on it is 10 ft long and it doesnt have a regular headphone jack on it, it has a attachment for it though, but with the attachment on it, it is like as long as my iphone

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 9
The HD 598 brings up a LOT of mixed comments. Some think they are the sexiest headphones ever and some find them hideous. 

Personally I'm the former. I think they have a very minimalistic design and love the color scheme of these. I do wish these weren't plastic but that's what makes them so lightweight. Me and many others believe the HD 598 is one of the most comfortable - if not the most comfortable - headphones ever. And I remember one person posted about how he wore the HD 598 outside and many people asked him where he got it, impressed by its appearance. 

To answer your question, you should not carry these outside. Reasons: 
1) Not durable enough. The construction is solid but if you drop these hard, good luck. There's no guarantee. 
2) No noise isolation. You won't even be able to enjoy them for what they are because they don't block out any outside noise. 
3) Long ass cable 
4) Ridiculous plug size for portable devices like the ipods 

If you want to make your headphones a fashion accessory, you might as well get the Beats by Dre. BUT there is a headphone that is fashionable to wear outside: the V-Moda M/V 80. No longer do you have to wear a 400 dollar necklace that sounds like crap. I'd also look into the Phiaton MS 400. It looks decent. I still prefer the looks of the HD 598 over any of these but those are more suitable for portable use. Especially the V-Moda, which is indestructible in construction. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back