Does anyone pair up IEM's to sound cards?
Nov 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
I dont think ill buy the ultrasone pro 900s sooner than 5 months so ill be sticking with my triple fi 10 iem's for the moment, most of my music is in the computer and speaker wise it sounds alright since it has its own amp in the sub (2.1) but its just a 70 bucks logitch 2.1, i want to appreciate my computer audio with my tf10's.

Gaming and Music-wise, which would be a great experience/upgrade sound card? i currently have onboard audio: 
• Chipset integrated by VIA® VT1828S
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec"

Whatever that means^ lol. 

Thanks again!

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 6
Once in a while, I hook up my HF-5s to my Essence ST, but I mainly use my full sized headphones.

You could go with the ASUS Essence ST/STX with Dolby Headphone or Creative Titanium HD that has CMSS3D. These features create virtual surround, so should be good for gaming. The essence ST/STX sound great. Not sure about how the Titanium sounds.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Once in a while, I hook up my HF-5s to my Essence ST, but I mainly use my full sized headphones.

You could go with the ASUS Essence ST/STX with Dolby Headphone or Creative Titanium HD that has CMSS3D. These features create virtual surround, so should be good for gaming. The essence ST/STX sound great. Not sure about how the Titanium sounds.

Is it worth getting? the stx? i hear that a fiio also works for desktop...e11 is it? im not sure, what would be the diffrence? in sound mostly.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 6
IMO, it's definitely worth it because it's relatively cheap for what you get. (Pretty nice DAC and with an AMP) Also features swappable opamps, so you can change them and get a different sound out of the card.

I considered going the FiiO route before picking up the soundcard and you're thinking of the e7 + e9 combo. The reason I didn't get the FiiO combo is because I needed a mic jack, so I went with the soundcard.

From what I hear about the Essence ST/STX and FiiO combo, they're about the same, so in the end it's really up to you what features you need.

Both are great value for the money. The soundcard is about $200 and the FiiO e7+e9 will end up costing around $200 aswell.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
IMO, it's definitely worth it because it's relatively cheap for what you get. (Pretty nice DAC and with an AMP) Also features swappable opamps, so you can change them and get a different sound out of the card.

I considered going the FiiO route before picking up the soundcard and you're thinking of the e7 + e9 combo. The reason I didn't get the FiiO combo is because I needed a mic jack, so I went with the soundcard.

From what I hear about the Essence ST/STX and FiiO combo, they're about the same, so in the end it's really up to you what features you need.

Both are great value for the money. The soundcard is about $200 and the FiiO e7+e9 will end up costing around $200 aswell.

I see...200 is quite a lot though, i think id rather get a 100 dollar one and save a little bit to get the ultrasone 900 pros, what do you think? or should i stick with IEM's? 

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't know about many soundcards besides my own, so I can't really help you there.

As for IEMs, it's totally up to you. I personally use IEMs because I need something portable and I can't stand being out my full sized headphones - even my "portable" full sized headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back