Does FiiO E17 AMP/DAC work well with beats earbuds?
Jun 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

racounter

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I really need your opinion with this. Does FiiO E17 work well with beats earbuds? Does it significantly enhance the sound quality with fiio e17?

Does it make a difference with Shure SRH840? If do,how much difference it makes.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 12
  Hi guys, I really need your opinion with this. Does FiiO E17 work well with beats earbuds? Does it significantly enhance the sound quality with Fiio E17?

Does it make a difference with Shure SRH840? If do,how much difference it makes.

Chances are just about any headphone (or ear buds) plugged into a FiiO E17 will sound good.
Would need to know what your using as a source to really say for sure how much an improvement the E17 "might" be.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 12

Chances are just about any headphone (or ear buds) plugged into a FiiO E17 will sound good.
Would need to know what your using as a source to really say for sure how much an improvement the E17 "might" be.

Well,  my source are Samsung s3 mini...yeah poor quality of dac and audio.
Apart from my samsung s3 mini, im using for my desktop too, my soundcard is built-in motherboard MSI z87-g45. I believe the built-in soundcard is good enough.

my song  in s3 mini are mostly flac format.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 12
  Well,  my source are Samsung s3 mini...yeah poor quality of DAC and audio.
Apart from my Samsung s3 mini, I'm using for my desktop too, my sound card is built-in motherboard MSI z87-g45. I believe the built-in sound card is good enough.
My song  in s3 mini are mostly FLAC format.

It might not be worth it getting an portable DAC/Amp
(Not sure if the FiiO E17 can be connected digitally to a Samsung Galaxy S3, Mini or not)
For something for music on the move, a DAP (Digital Audio Player) like the FiiO X3 or iBasso DX50 might make more sense.
You computer's motherboard comes with the ALC1150 audio chip-set, which is fairly higher mid-range (for a motherboard).

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 12

It might not be worth it getting an portable DAC/Amp
(Not sure if the FiiO E17 can be connected digitally to a Samsung Galaxy S3, Mini or not)
For something for music on the move, a DAP (Digital Audio Player) like the FiiO X3 or iBasso DX50 might make more sense.
You computer's motherboard comes with the ALC1150 audio chip-set, which is fairly higher mid-range (for a motherboard).

If you may explained why it is not worth? I lack on knowledge about this.
I asked the retailer, they told me samsung s3 mini work with Fiio e17, they dint say anything about the sound quality, it just work.

What is  the best source for FiiO E17?

and for now i got limited budget, I have wondering to purchase either Fiio e17 or Sennheiser momentum, which do you i think i should bought that work well with my current source.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 12
  If you may explained why it is not worth? I lack on knowledge about this.
I asked the retailer, they told me Samsung s3 mini work with Fiio E17, they dint say anything about the sound quality, it just work.
What is  the best source for FiiO E17?
and for now i got limited budget, I have wondering to purchase either Fiio e17 or Sennheiser momentum, which do you i think i should bought that work well with my current source.

If your looking at replacing the Best ear buds for something for traveling with, Then I would "assume" the Senn momentums would be worth it
(there are some good prices for used ones on eBay)
As the Senn Momentums are only 18-Ohm, your Samsung S3 should easily drive them.

If the E17 can work with the Samsung S3, then it should improve audio quality.
As the E17 should have a better DAC chip (Digital to Analog Converter) and headphone amplifier, then the S3.

Beats are considered as over priced for the sound quality they offer, at least by a big chuck of Head-fi types.
Usually you want to put the biggest chuck of your audio budget for headphones, DAC/Amps being secondly important,

As I do not own or have used any of the audio stuff your talking about, it's hard to say for sure what your best options are.
The Senn Momentums seem to get a lot of positive feedback.
So my two cents are to get the Momentums and sell off the Beats.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 12

If your looking at replacing the Best ear buds for something for traveling with, Then I would "assume" the Senn momentums would be worth it
(there are some good prices for used ones on eBay)
As the Senn Momentums are only 18-Ohm, your Samsung S3 should easily drive them.

If the E17 can work with the Samsung S3, then it should improve audio quality.
As the E17 should have a better DAC chip (Digital to Analog Converter) and headphone amplifier, then the S3.

Beats are considered as over priced for the sound quality they offer, at least by a big chuck of Head-fi types.
Usually you want to put the biggest chuck of your audio budget for headphones, DAC/Amps being secondly important,

As I do not own or have used any of the audio stuff your talking about, it's hard to say for sure what your best options are.
The Senn Momentums seem to get a lot of positive feedback.
So my two cents are to get the Momentums and sell off the Beats.

I see. Thank you for the clarification.
Yeah honestly im not satisfied with beats quality, last time i was blind by the trend of beats. After I starting to enter the hifi world, i realize beats are waste of money, with that price i can get much more better product. Actually i wanted the Fiio e17 to enhance beats sound quality. But like u said it's better to find a better headphones first, amp come later.

After a few survey a while ago, I stumble upon Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 pro. that model almost fulfiled my requirement which is closed back, noise isolation, great sound quality, and the price are cheaper than sennheiser momentum. Dt 770 pro required headphones amp to maximum its performance. i think it will be good investment dt 770 pro pair with fiio e17. 

I think I will buy headphones first, it will be a wasted if i buy fiio e17 and it doesnt produce good quality sound with my beats earbuds.

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 12
  I see. Thank you for the clarification.
Yeah honestly im not satisfied with beats quality, last time i was blind by the trend of beats. After I starting to enter the hifi world, i realize beats are waste of money, with that price i can get much more better product. Actually i wanted the Fiio e17 to enhance beats sound quality. But like u said it's better to find a better headphones first, amp come later.

After a few survey a while ago, I stumble upon Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 pro. that model almost fulfiled my requirement which is closed back, noise isolation, great sound quality, and the price are cheaper than sennheiser momentum. Dt 770 pro required headphones amp to maximum its performance. i think it will be good investment dt 770 pro pair with fiio e17. 

I think I will buy headphones first, it will be a wasted if i buy FiiO e17 and it doesn't produce good quality sound with my beats ear buds.

I own the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones, but I prefer the ATH-A900X headphones.
I personally would not buy anything audio related and have the Beat ear buds be a factor in the decision
I would say to put the Beats up for sale on eBay, then see what kind of budget you would have for headphones.

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 12

I own the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones, but I prefer the ATH-A900X headphones.
I personally would not buy anything audio related and have the Beat ear buds be a factor in the decision
I would say to put the Beats up for sale on eBay, then see what kind of budget you would have for headphones.

After I digging some info about ATH-A900X, i find mostly review prefer ATH-900X than DT770 Pro.
ATH-900X perform better in means sound quality, suitable for most musical genre and with amp it perform much more better.
The downside i guess the bass, it's not punch deep enough.
Maybe you can help me to list the pros n cons for both headphones as you owned both of them.
The price is fairly in my budget range, the only barrier is ATH-900X is not yet released in my country ( Malaysia)

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 12
  After I digging some info about ATH-A900X, I find mostly review prefer ATH-900X than DT770 Pro.
ATH-900X perform better in means sound quality, suitable for most musical genre and with amp it perform much more better.
The downside i guess the bass, it's not punch deep enough.
Maybe you can help me to list the pros n cons for both headphones as you owned both of them.
The price is fairly in my budget range, the only barrier is ATH-900X is not yet released in my country ( Malaysia)

For me personally, the bass is fine on the A900X, but I like a more moderate bass, nice detail.
But there are those that like a heavier punchy bass.
If the A900Xs are not available, get the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm, hopefully for a good price.

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 12

For me personally, the bass is fine on the A900X, but I like a more moderate bass, nice detail.
But there are those that like a heavier punchy bass.
If the A900Xs are not available, get the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm, hopefully for a good price.

ok i see, thanks a lot man. how do i closed this thread? and btw this thread already out of way....

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #12 of 12
  ok i see, thanks a lot man. how do i closed this thread? and btw this thread already out of way....

Just stop posting on it and chances are everyone else will ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back