Does it exist: small, portable, no-Android, high power output, long battery mp3/aac player
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
My wife has a congenital defect in her hearing and she needs a portable (I mean really small, the size of a matchbox preferably 5cm x 3cm or so) mp3 / aac (he) player with:

- usb port (any type)

- pref. 32GB storage
- mp3 + HE-AAC support with full tag and filename browsing
- simple menus
- high headphone power output
- as long a battery runtime as possible
- if at all possible, left-to-right channel balance setting (for her hearing loss)

She does NOT need or want : a big / bulky player, AKM/ESS/BB super-fancy DAC chips, $$$ expensive high-end price, complicated menus, Android or "intelligent OS", Bluetooth, swanky colour screen that pulls tons of power and kills the battery.

Just a no frills player, that has a simple menu for browsing titles, has enough power to drive more difficult to drive headphones and pref. with channel balance setting.

She already has an iPhone, she doesn't want an app for it.

Does such a small mp3/aac player even exist? Have I been trying to look for something that doesn't exist anymore?

It feels like there are tons of Chinese players that all look the same and have all the same feature (or lack of thereof), but no real options.

Any Alibaba, eBay or Amazon hunters out there that could help a brother out?

I've already tried: Aptek (crap); Sansa Clip Sport (too low output, no channel balance, battery runtime is short, horrible distortion even with basic IEMs), Victure mp3 player (nice size, not enough power, started acting up after 6 months, no channel balance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back