Does the New Apple TV stream the Visualizer?
Sep 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

IceClass

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know if the New Apple TV can stream the Visualizer?
I can't seem to find an answer anywhere and figured some head-fi nerd should know.

On the surface it looks like a bit of a competitor to the Airport Express if it can stream iTunes to my stereo and the Visualizer to my HD TV.
Too bad you can't hook a USB printer up to it.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Doubtful.   Looks like a slimmed-down storage-less version of the existing AppleTV.

Bill

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't need storage to stream itunes audio to a stereo and the visualizer to a TV via HDMI. If that works.

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 6
The original Apple TV just displayed the album art just like Mac's Front Row program.  If you setup the screen saver it would eventually go to that, which I believe was either your photos or album artwork.  I may be wrong about artwork though.  That might only be on the Mac.  I doubt the new version is any different.  Looks like they tried to mimic the original version's look as far as the menu go.  

I ordered the new one, so if I remember to post back when I get it, I'll let you know if the visualizer exists.  Main reason I order the new one is the old one is very slow on the menu and would also lock up for short periods.  I'm hoping the new chip fixed that problem.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Blah; crap! I want to stream itunes to a stereo via the optical out and play the visualizers on the HD TV via the HDMI port!
How hard can that be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back