Does Threaded Metal Shell Connector Reduce Noise ?
May 27, 2021 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bagusa4

New Head-Fier
Dear Guys Hope We All in Good Condition :).

#Consumer
4-Pole TRRS 3.5mm Audio Extension Cable with Microphone Support,

I would like to buy some audio component. I want to extend my cheap in-Ear consumer with microphone support. Then I should buy an Audio Extension along with microphone support.
I have been doing a little search on the internet, that jack used by the earphone is TRRS 4-Pole type with 3.5mm size.
I already find a few cheap cable brand around $4, especially easy to buy in my country.

Vention 0.5 -> 5M Length
1622154153501.png

Ugreen AV118 0.5 -> 3M Length
1622155752390.png

I guess they are both have the same specifications,
  • Aluminium Alloy Shell
  • Gold Plate
  • They have rubber PVC on the tile
  • Braided Cable
But there is a slight difference on the Ugreen connector that has some unique threaded Metal shell?

The questions are:
  1. What is the maximum length that good for the quality of audio, A good length that doesn't reduce too much audio quality?
  2. Does Alloy shell & Gold Plate connector is good?
  3. Does the threaded metal shell really reduce the noise or its just an advertisement technique?
  4. Is recommended? does anyone have a try some?
Thank you, I hope will find the best and the cheapest, like a treasure :D

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 2
Pretty much any length you run will be fine. Capacitance and inductance issues won't rear their head at typical headphone cable lengths.

Gold plating is the industry standard and provides corrosion resistance. There isn't really any audible benefit. Rhodium is more durable, but it's not as common.

If the metal shell is grounded it can potentially block EMI/RFI, so it's better than a plastic shell in that regard.

I purchased a UGreen USB adapter previously, seems to be sturdy enough.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back