Double Helix Cables Thread
Aug 2, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,096 of 2,056

now shhhsush guys, my gsx mk2 amp is almost ready to be shipped i need my xlr and rca chaperone 3 interconnects, no more orders till mine are ready 
L3000.gif

oh man - NICE!!!!!

When I threw my new DHC on my ETHER-Cs w/ the Questyle CMA600i headphone amp/DAC - DAAAAM!

I usually don't shy away from saying the maker of the cable I was using prior to DHC just for giggles - but, this time Peters lead
made such a dramatic difference I don't wanna say what the other lead was!

But this is simply magical

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,098 of 2,056

now shhhsush guys, my gsx mk2 amp is almost ready to be shipped i need my xlr and rca chaperone 3 interconnects, no more orders till mine are ready :L3000:

You didn't mean this by any chance? :wink_face:

Well yes, a few weeks away, as I heard from Justin and Peter. I'm sticking to my black theme tho. Cheers. Interesting how it was down to gsx mk2 and liquid gold, went with gsx and I see you sold your gold. So, good choice for hd800(S) in my case?

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #1,100 of 2,056
Well yes, a few weeks away, as I heard from Justin and Peter. I'm sticking to my black theme tho. Cheers. Interesting how it was down to gsx mk2 and liquid gold, went with gsx and I see you sold your gold. So, good choice for hd800(S) in my case?

If you ask me, you've made the right choice

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,101 of 2,056
Any1 experience with the DHC USB A to B cables? Their analog cables improve the sound quality (RCA-RCA and Headphone) but what about the DHC USB A to B Digital cable? 

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,102 of 2,056
  Any1 experience with the DHC USB A to B cables? Their analog cables improve the sound quality (RCA-RCA and Headphone) but what about the DHC USB A to B Digital cable? 

Someone? I might decide to buy a short and longer DHC USB A to B cable next month. Then the cable-chain would be complete all DHC.

Aug 6, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #1,104 of 2,056

Not yet but I hope to have mine in about 2 weeks and then I'll share comments. 

Thank you, you went for the 2 or 3-version? I might go for the 2-version. Because I need two cables (a short and a long one). One from DAC to Wyrd and the other from Wyrd to PC.
Sadly they don't have a fusion-option. I mean the version-3 is straight away 400 dollar more :frowning2:

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,105 of 2,056
  Thank you, you went for the 2 or 3-version? I might go for the 2-version. Because I need two cables (a short and a long one). One from DAC to Wyrd and the other from Wyrd to PC.
Sadly they don't have a fusion-option. I mean the version-3 is straight away 400 dollar more :frowning2:

I actually ordered the Spore4 Silver Reference Interconnects (USB-A to USB-B).

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #1,106 of 2,056

I actually ordered the Spore4 Silver Reference Interconnects (USB-A to USB-B).

Ah, you clearly have some more budget as me atm :D. I have two Metagenome-2 cables in mind. One of 5-feet , other of like 1-feet. Think the metagenome-2 cables are better as the Audioquest Green ones I  have now.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #1,108 of 2,056
I just got my Silver Complement 4, going from MZ2 to Ethers. 

Upgrading from MrSpeakers DUM cable (itself a $250 cable), the difference is pretty remarkable. 

Far from being "silver bright," the C4 sounds more solid and punchy. The *bass* sound fuller, and the dynamics are improved, I think.

I've got to do more listening to get my head around it....

(Even assuming that 50% of this is placebo, still totally worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,109 of 2,056
I just got my Silver Complement 4, going from MZ2 to Ethers. 

Upgrading from MrSpeakers DUM cable (itself a $250 cable), the difference is pretty remarkable. 

Far from being "silver bright," the C4 sounds more solid and punchy. The *bass* sound fuller, and the dynamics are improved, I think.

I've got to do more listening to get my head around it....

(Even assuming that 50% of this is placebo, still totally worth it.:) )

How long did you wait to receive the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back