Dreamy Ambient Music
Dec 30, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #106 of 132
41MAMC1W8ML.jpg

Dec 30, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #107 of 132
If you're looking for sleep music, try Liquid Mind. This guy (Chuck Wild) has been in the ambient circle for at least a decade, but only shot to fame in recent few years, after signing to the label Real Music and released a chain of albums.

Ed: Oops I mentioned Liquid Mind before in this thread. So for the sake of new info, I'd make another recommendation: Heart of Midnight by Ed Van Fleet.

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #108 of 132
I finally got round to listening to Alio Die - Suspended Feathers and I'm litterally speechless; words simply cannot describe how beautiful this album is. Listening through it for the first time is a deeply organic, but amazingly magical experience. The ability for the music to "transport" you away is also very strong, which is probably one of the most important aspects I look for when it comes to ambient music.

A big thumbs up from me!
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #109 of 132
It's always nice to hear that a recommendation went over well. Alio Die has a lot of albums as Alio Die and various collectives (Five Thousand Spirits, Sola Translatio, Son Dha) in addition to some great collaborations (vidnaObmana, Robert Rich, Antonio Testa). He's a favorite for a reason!

Next, try 'Password for Entheogenic Experience', 'Cube 7' w. James Johnson, 'Raag Drone Theory' w. Zeit or the re-released extended version of 'Flight of Real Image.' What the heck, try any one you can find.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #110 of 132
Future Sound of London - Lifeforms
The KLF - Chill Out
Susumu Yokoto - Grinning Cat
Takagi Masakatsu - Pia
Autechre - Garbage
Gavin Bryars - The Sinking of the Titanic
And maybe some Boards of Canada (I'd say In A Beuatiful Place Out In The Country is the most ambientish)

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #112 of 132
If you find the post-rock-meets-ambient sounds of Boards of Canada to your liking, check out these artists:

Loess
Manual
Dextro
Loscil
Miles Tilmann
Secede
Jeff Pearce

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #114 of 132
Time to resurrect a promising thread...

The new album Alio Die & Martina Galvagni - Eleusian Lullaby is nothing short of stunning. The gentle inter-weaving of Stefano's pastoral sounds and timeless drones with Martina's soft, soothing voice is a real treat for the ears. I haven't heard 'vocal' ambient this beautiful since I discovered Ashera.

PRO00208.jpg

The approaching release of some of Matt Hillier's new music caused me to re-visit one of his masterpieces: Elve - Infinite Garden on Virtual Records. This album is different - listening to it is like hearing a garden grow in ultrafast motion. The sounds are so organic, rich, multilayered and cleverly cascaded that it's almost impossible to wrap one's head around everything going on. In the depths of a "deep trance" this album is simply magical; a small 60-minute slice of the universe captured on a plastic disc.

r6175221148701157ih8.jpg

Another very important release is Robert Rich - Somnium. This 7-hour album is basically a studio rendition of one of Robert's famous all-night sleep concerts. The album aims to suspend the listener in the dreamy/psychedelic 'hypnagogic' state. Somnium is not light or dark; it is pure sonics and texture and is an extremely effective guide on long meditative journeys. Like the forest on the cover image, there is something very primordial and ancient about the sounds contained therein.
rrsomniumbig.jpg

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #118 of 132
The first thing that came to mind was Eluvium, but that was mentioned on the first page. So i'll go with Goldmund - The Malady of Elegance

The Field defenitely isn't minimal. But putting the whole genre thing aside, there's a lot of good ambient techno out there. Like Plastikman - Artifakts
Quote:
jhawk22 said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r
Not sure if it is listed yet but The Fields is awesome. Here is a sample of there music...

MySpace.com - The Field - www.myspace.com/thefieldsthlm

+1 for the fields. But I think that is more minimal techno. Is "from here we go sublime" their only album, I've been looking around but dont see any other releases.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #119 of 132
Not exactly ambient, but should produce the desired effect: Zero 7: Simple Things (entire album), sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6yXxVc21Y&feature=related

Users who are viewing this thread

Back