Dt 177x go vs Thx Panda
Aug 11, 2021 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CyberToast

New Head-Fier
So I have already tried the Thx Pandas. By far were my favorite headphones that fit my needs as closed backs. However, I noticed that there were other closed back headphones being the Dt 177x go From massdrop x beyerdynamic also the fact being that the Thx pandas had a lot of quality control issues. The dt 177x go's are slightly more expensive and are simply wired. I am simply wondering if anyone has tried the dt 177x pros and thx pandas. If so, which do you believe is the overall winner. I am a noob but I would appreciate some thoughts!

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Sorry haven’t heard either. One thing I will say is I still haven’t heard a Bluetooth headphone that sounds as good as a wired one at equal or lesser price . While I’ll admit Bluetooth is getting better all the time there is just something about it that I just say that’s Bluetooth.
One other option that I like better than Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth adapters is the Bluetooth amplifier like the EarStudio ES100MK2.
It takes a wired headphone and makes it more portable yes you still have the cable from the headphone to the unit but it is very small and you can get or make shorter cables for it to make it less obtrusive.
It sounds pretty good also and with the app can do a multitude of things like take calls from your phone and also has a equalizer and ambient sound regulation when out and about.
It also has a 2.5mm balanced connection as well as the 3.5mm single ended so you have several options as yes it doesn’t have a problem driving over ear headphone’s.
While it might sound like I’m a shill for the company I am not and can care less if you buy it or not I bought it and own it and use it and think it is pretty good .

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Sorry haven’t heard either. One thing I will say is I still haven’t heard a Bluetooth headphone that sounds as good as a wired one at equal or lesser price . While I’ll admit Bluetooth is getting better all the time there is just something about it that I just say that’s Bluetooth.
One other option that I like better than Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth adapters is the Bluetooth amplifier like the EarStudio ES100MK2.
It takes a wired headphone and makes it more portable yes you still have the cable from the headphone to the unit but it is very small and you can get or make shorter cables for it to make it less obtrusive.
It sounds pretty good also and with the app can do a multitude of things like take calls from your phone and also has a equalizer and ambient sound regulation when out and about.
It also has a 2.5mm balanced connection as well as the 3.5mm single ended so you have several options as yes it doesn’t have a problem driving over ear headphone’s.
While it might sound like I’m a shill for the company I am not and can care less if you buy it or not I bought it and own it and use it and think it is pretty good .
Hey thanks! Yeah I figured that the dt 177x gos would be better considering the price difference. I actually ended up liking my blessing 2 dusk better than the pandas as well.
Do you have any information about the Mest MK2? I think I am liking the sound of iems.

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey thanks! Yeah I figured that the dt 177x gos would be better considering the price difference. I actually ended up liking my blessing 2 dusk better than the pandas as well.
Do you have any information about the Mest MK2? I think I am liking the sound of iems.
Sorry haven’t heard the Mest and don’t know much about them. If CanJam SoCal does happen in a month and a half might have the opportunity to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back