DT 770 80 Ohm's Issue and Initial thoughts
Dec 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

soundisee

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my DT 770 80's this morning from ebay and I notice the left ear volume is much lower than the right. I have it plugged into an MBox 2 and I tried plugging it directly into my computer jack, still same problem. My FiiO e10 still has not arrived so maybe that will do the trick?

Besides the volume issue.. coming from $30 Panasonic HTF600's I have to say that I'm not that impressed with these headphones. My HTF600's with Beyerdynamic Velour Pads don't clamp as tight so they are more comfortable than the DT 770's. I notice a slight upgrade in sound but the highs kind of hurt my ears and these do not play well at lower volumes.

Having said that I'm going to wait for my FiiO E10 to arrive and let these burn in a bit and give them a couple days before I decide to return them for a different pair of headphones, maybe I will like semi-opens better.

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 7
Are you using the 3.5mm adapter? If so, is it screwed on, or pushed in, all the way? That could cause channel imbalance.
Is the balance on your sources adjusted to the right?
If you can't figure out the problem, return or exchange them for a new pair.

As for comfort, unbutton the leather headband and gently stretch out the metal band. Pull apart for a couple seconds and release. Do this as many times as it takes until you get your desired clamp. It's pretty sturdy and can withstand some abuse, but be careful, and do so at your own risk. After adjusting my 770 Pro's this way, they are extremely comfortable. You can also adjust the clamp by stretching the cans out over a stack of books and leaving them for a while. But I like my method better as it is quicker and won't wear out the ear pads. Good luck.

ps: while a tiny tear in the headband strap is obviously not normal, it doesn't really matter if you can't see it and if you don't think it'll rip further. things rip, just be gentle.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Are you using the 3.5mm adapter? If so, is it screwed on, or pushed in, all the way? That could cause channel imbalance.
Is the balance on your sources adjusted to the right?
If you can't figure out the problem, return or exchange them for a new pair.

As for comfort, unbutton the leather headband and gently stretch out the metal band. Pull apart for a couple seconds and release. Do this as many times as it takes until you get your desired clamp. It's pretty sturdy and can withstand some abuse, but be careful, and do so at your own risk. After adjusting my 770 Pro's this way, they are extremely comfortable. You can also adjust the clamp by stretching the cans out over a stack of books and leaving them for a while. But I like my method better as it is quicker and won't wear out the ear pads. Good luck.

ps: while a tiny tear in the headband strap is obviously not normal, it doesn't really matter if you can't see it and if you don't think it'll rip further. things rip, just be gentle.

I am using the 3.5mm adapter, I even had to take it off to test these headphones out on the FiiO E10 and I still have low volume coming from the left ear piece. I'm getting used to the clamp and I have been trying to stretch them out all day, don't get me wrong the Velour pads are as comfy as can be but they just clamp so tight. I think I will just return these and go with another headphone, perhaps a semi-open or give another closed 1 more shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back