DT 880 vs K7XX?
Jan 30, 2015 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HxCKhaos

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this is not the greatest topic to ask a question about but honestly both on are sale for reasonable prices on massdrop atm and I've been looking for a more comfortable pair to wear throughout the day compared to my Grado MS1i with L-Cush.

I'm already well informed about frequencies responses/sound signatures as I own a pair of Swan T900F's that I've spent countless hours eqing and moving around/just learning about how subtle differences in frequency response change the overall sound.

As far as headphones go I only have the Grados to really compare to and I know that the DT 880 is very neutral (which honestly I think I'd like considering I tuned my HT to be neutral). I've been interested in getting the DT 880's for awhile but now that I see the K7XX I have to ask if it's worth grabbing those instead?

I will at some point buy an amp to power them so ignore the impedance. Thanks for any help deciding!

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello, these were two very popular and very thoroughly discussed headphones. If you search the forum you can find a ton of threads about them, it'll keep you busy for awhile.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 3
The DT880 boosted treble over its dry/docile upper mids always gave me troubles.  I have heard several versions over the decade on various systems and its always this element of its sound that has kept the 880 out of my collection.

So for me personally the 7xx would be my choice... a nice step up from my old K701.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back