DT 880 vs sennheiser 598s vs hfi 2400 or other
Nov 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mods12

Head-Fier
Sorry for making so making so many threads. But now I narrowed down to these. I am gonna use them for gaming but I would like the, to be good for vocals also

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Sorry for making so making so many threads. But now I narrowed down to these. I am gonna use them for gaming but I would like the, to be good for vocals also

as far as i know the HD598's main strength is soundstage (good for positioning in gaming) and mids (where vocals are)
im not so sure about the other 2 though, sorry
redface.gif

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

All three are fine.

A quick summary of each:

DT880 - Warm neutral, slightly bright.
HFI2400 - Warm, bassy, slightly bright.
HD598 - Neutral, bright.

All three do great at vocals. All three have great sound stages. It comes down to the level of bass you're looking for really.

I'll throw in another headphone to consider:

Sony MA900.

Very best,

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 7
All three are fine.

A quick summary of each:

DT880 - Warm neutral, slightly bright.
HFI2400 - Warm, bassy, slightly bright.
HD598 - Neutral, bright.

All three do great at vocals. All three have great sound stages. It comes down to the level of bass you're looking for really.

I'll throw in another headphone to consider:

Sony MA900.

Very best,

How do they compare with the 3 i listed. Cause the sonys seem a bit cheaper so if they are as good ill grab them

I forgot to add i have an e10 amp

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
How do they compare with the 3 i listed. Cause the sonys seem a bit cheaper so if they are as good ill grab them
I forgot to add i have an e10 amp

Heya,

The Sony MA900 is similar to the HD598, but a little warmer. It has a massive sound stage. It's not overly bright, but it's not dull. It's another flavor. Search up reviews on it.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back