DT 990's or FA-003 ITS KILLING ME
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Uppertaker

Head-Fier
Hello fine people of head fi, I need you to aid me in this decision, I can't decide which one is better; a DT 990 or a FA-003 (Lindy's model). the DT 990 pro's would cost a

little more, but I like the idea of them having a "theater like" sound, while I have had really neutral headphones  since now (Denon HP-700 and AKG K121 studios which have a nice

soundstage) I would like to try a more "fun" sound, and a more comfortable supra aural headphone as the denons are terrible, and the akg's are soft, but are on ears. the FA-003 have

amazing reviews and look really comfortable, though so do the DT 990's. I'm gonna use them for prolongued listening sessions, gaming, movies, even some guitar playing, and the

soundstage should be wide on both, but the wider the better. Im gonna be ampign them through a Xonar essence STX card, so I'll be able to eq them decently, and power both greatly, also,

it'll allow me to set dolby headphone for advanced gaming, and I'd like to know which one performs better on positioning and detail too, if possible.

ANOTHER QUESTION, are the DT 990's pro 250 ohms any different than the premiums??

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 4
I own both headphones, I prefer the DT990 over the FA-003.
As the DT990 is full bass & treble, but the mids are still clear.
The FA-003 do have a good all round clear sound, but not much bass.

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #4 of 4
The Premium just has a softer grip around the ears.
So go Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back