DT770 Pro 80ohms right can doesn't work!
Dec 27, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #16 of 27
i've read around and it seems as if im not the only person who has experienced something similar to this. i think it would be wise to get an external sound card before the jack gets any worse...recommendations?

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #19 of 27
I think you need to start by telling how much you want to spend, there are a lot of options.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you need to start by telling how much you want to spend, there are a lot of options.

well looking around i haven't seen many external sound cards. let's keep the price reasonable...not too expensive.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #21 of 27
Dec 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by 500sd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well looking around i haven't seen many external sound cards. let's keep the price reasonable...not too expensive.

If you search for DAC you'll find many choices, they are basically the same thing.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you search for DAC you'll find many choices, they are basically the same thing.

i am by no means well educated when it comes to the audiophile world...which is why i am asking for the forums input on this. i dont know whats good or whats bad so please just throw some low-mid budget external sound cards or dac's out there

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #25 of 27
They are not all basically the same thing. What an odd statement to make. Anyway, you don't need to hunt and hunt and research for days and days, just get the EMU 0404 USB, you can search for it here in this forum alone and you will find tons of postitive feedback about it, definitely more than enough to validate your decision. Positive feedback everywhere. It's definitely the best thing out there for $140. Just google it! Look on Amazon even. I think I still have all my links around somewhere, hold on....

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/em...59/index4.html

and here is a good all rounder:

24/192 via USB 2.0 on a beer budget--EMU 0404 mini-review!! | Computer Audiophile

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #26 of 27
I apologize if I confused someone, it wasn't my intention at all, I know DAC's and soundcards aren't exactly the same thing, that's why I wrote "basically" but I guess it can be misinterpreted. They are similar though.

Dec 31, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #27 of 27
And I apologize if that came across as rude, Amatsu. I didn't mean it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back