DT880 32 ohm, non portable amp under 100€.
Feb 26, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 36
Now THAT'S what I've been looking for. A friend told me about it but showed me the DAC version, this one's perfect.

Many thanks :)

Glad that works for you. I like my E12 for it's pocket portability. But the O2 is definitely a better class of amp :)

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #17 of 36
My meaning of "buffer" comes from a electronic course, basically a thing that do not amp at all but with infinite Zin and 0 Zout (great impedances for a voltage amplifier).
But that's OT I suppouse :) I will buy the O2, now I've gotta find a cheap way to have it here, in Italy :)

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #18 of 36
The Objective 2 amp is an open design that different vendors are using. There shouldn't be any difference between the JDS Labs version and the Epiphany Acoustics version in terms of audio quality. And I used to own the JDS Labs O2, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy the EA model instead if in the UK.

True. But the build quality s a bit different. people say the quality control  is not as good with the uk version and the volume knob catches on the case. I  dont know wether this is true im simply passing information on. But yes i live in the UK and would buy the EA model but ive only ever heard the Jbs labs 02 never heard the EA o 2 :frowning2:

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #19 of 36
Are you good at electronics? You can source the parts for the O2 and put it together yourself. Might be cheaper for you. Many head-fiers have done that :)

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 36
yes buying the parts and making it yourself is cheaper. And the JBS labs do a kit but i quote from the website 
 No battery, knob, or enclosure. 

this means you will have to buy these separate :frowning2:. Im sure if you look around their are hundreds of people who have built their own who have made videos and websites showing how thy did it so it wont be too hard
biggrin.gif

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/82/objective2-diy-kit/

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #21 of 36
True. But the build quality s a bit different. people say the quality control  is not as good with the uk version and the volume knob catches on the case.

The volume knob can be adjusted easily enough if that is an issue with any O2. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #26 of 36
So I can:
- run it on batteries
- run it on AC, without batteries
Batteries must be out when AC is plugged in?

PS: is the O2 version provided by Head 'n' HiFi as good as the others? (Switzerland is really near in comparison with UK)

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #27 of 36
So I just found out that a reseller can provide me Schiit Magni (99€ + about 10 for delivery) at the same price that I would spend for Head 'n' Hifi's Objective2 (114€).

Any advice for Magni vs O2?

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #28 of 36
  So I can:
- run it on batteries
- run it on AC, without batteries
Batteries must be out when AC is plugged in?

PS: is the O2 version provided by Head 'n' HiFi as good as the others? (Switzerland is really near in comparison with UK)

Just leave the batteries installed, the AC will power the amplifier and recharge the batteries at the same time, once the batteries are full charged, the O2 will stop charging them.
Have no idea on the Head 'n' HiFi.

Mar 6, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #30 of 36
Right, got it. Thanks :)

And about the O2 vs Magni challenge? Keep in mind that it's 115€ vs 99€.

I say go whichever has the features you want and not worry about which sounds better. But there is plenty of debate already if you want to research it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=head-fi+o2+vs+magni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back