DT880 600ohm and Cavalli EHHA
Jul 22, 2010 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nullstring

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a pair of Vintage DT880's 600ohm, and I am thinking about building a Cavalli EHHA.

I can't seem to find any testimony to whether this would be a good or bad match up.

Does anyone have any experience with the DT880 and the EHHA?
Experience with any flavor of the DT880 would be useful.

Thanks,
nullstring

BTW, I couldn't really decide where to put this thread. It's about a specific headphone with a specific amp that is DIY.
I ended up posting it here because this forum seems more general and gets more reception.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 5
I fell in love with the EHHA listening to the Sennheisers..so am thinking it should do just fine with the Beyers. You need to talk to Nikongod about an amp for the DT880s..he experimented a lot with output impedance among other things and built a modified version of Doug Svastik's El'Espressivo, amazing combo.

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I fell in love with the EHHA listening to the Sennheisers..so am thinking it should do just fine with the Beyers. You need to talk to Nikongod about an amp for the DT880s..he experimented a lot with output impedance among other things and built a modified version of Doug Svastik's El'Espressivo, amazing combo.

I might just do that. Although, I always feel weird PMing users asking questions like that.

Quote:

I've seen that thread, but that thread doesn't really mention synergy with the dt880 or any similar headphone

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 5
anyone have anything to add?

I would really like to hear that -someone- has tried this combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back