DT880 pro vrs Beats By Dr. Dre Mixr On-Ear Headphones
May 11, 2014 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mehrdadiii

New Head-Fier
Hello,
As I read in Head-Fi I found DT880 a great neutral product for arranging and mixing.
But as a matter of fact in the site: equipboard.com I found that some favorite producers like Skrillex use Beats by Dr.Dre !
I want to know If DT880 pro or HD650 are great headphones, why Skrillex, David Guetta ,Nicky Romero use Beats by Dr.Dre instead for their portable studios?

thank you very much

May 11, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 9
Because those people are sell out's , I am certain they don't use them in studios 
650s are far from neutral , the 880s are much better in that regard , one of the best neutral headphones for the price but.. if you have the cash to spare the Shure 1840s are excellent 

May 11, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 9
  Because those people are sell out's , I am certain they don't use them in studios
650s are far from neutral , the 880s are much better in that regard , one of the best neutral headphones for the price but.. if you have the cash to spare the Shure 1840s are excellent

excuse me,DT880s means DT 880 premium? or Pro?
which one is suitable for mixing?

May 11, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 9
  excuse me,DT880s means DT 880 premium? or Pro?
which one is suitable for mixing?

They are the same , the pro clamps a bit more , comes with a coiled cable and looks different
The extra grip makes the pads a bit denser hence technically it should affect the bass but... the difference is minuscule , they are the same 

May 12, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 9
Hello,
As I read in Head-Fi I found DT880 a great neutral product for arranging and mixing.
But as a matter of fact in the site: equipboard.com I found that some favorite producers like Skrillex use Beats by Dr.Dre !
I want to know If DT880 pro or HD650 are great headphones, why Skrillex, David Guetta ,Nicky Romero use Beats by Dr.Dre instead for their portable studios?

thank you very much

David Guetta actually doesn't use beats for any proper recordings

May 12, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 9
Jimmy Iovine of beats is a master at marketing and publicity. These artists may or may not use beats products, but you can be sure if they're sponsored by them and there's a camera around, the headphones will be in the shot.

May 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Yes, you see celebs with Beats the same way you see Ellen DeGeneres and Barak Obama taking 'selfies' with Samsung phones only to be caught backstage tweeting with an iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back