DT990 600 ohm with Dekoni elite velour? Anyone?
Aug 18, 2021 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Opalius

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone – ( frist post )

I need a bit of help, or advice if you will. I have just ordered a DT990 from Beye, as I´m looking for a headphone that is just brighter then my HD650. I simply find the HD650 to vailed for folk music, but they are quite fine for heavy metal ( as I tend to listen for hours at a time )..

I have listened to every sound demo there is on the web, even from bilibili.com… and I´m worried about that darn 8-9k peak.

So I have decided to order the Dekoni elite velour, but I´m thinking I can’t possibly be the first one to do this?

Has anyone tried this combo before? …. Or am I the first? :)

As it stands, I plan running the DT990 from a Ifi zen can amp. Later I will likely be moding with balanced cables. Maybe I’ll buy a tube-amp.

(PS, I have listened to the T1 gen 2 a couple of times, and don’t find the too bright. )

Anyway, thanks for the upcoming advice :)

Best regards - Thomas

Aug 19, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi Everyone – ( frist post )

I need a bit of help, or advice if you will. I have just ordered a DT990 from Beye, as I´m looking for a headphone that is just brighter then my HD650. I simply find the HD650 to vailed for folk music, but they are quite fine for heavy metal ( as I tend to listen for hours at a time )..

I have listened to every sound demo there is on the web, even from bilibili.com… and I´m worried about that darn 8-9k peak.

So I have decided to order the Dekoni elite velour, but I´m thinking I can’t possibly be the first one to do this?

Has anyone tried this combo before? …. Or am I the first? :)

As it stands, I plan running the DT990 from a Ifi zen can amp. Later I will likely be moding with balanced cables. Maybe I’ll buy a tube-amp.

(PS, I have listened to the T1 gen 2 a couple of times, and don’t find the too bright. )

Anyway, thanks for the upcoming advice :)

Best regards - Thomas
I tried them thinking they'd pair well like with the DT1990s. Not nearly as good a match. The treble peak was tamed a little, but the mids became overly recessed so it ended up sounding too thin and distant. Not really worth it for me since the DT990s actually have pretty linear mids.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply. You write that you tried to pair them with the DT1990. What pads are you comparing too?

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Only had the DT990 with original pads, but I've managed to tame a little of the brightness changing the "filter" behind the pads with felt. Cheaper and a great improvement (for my ears).

Aug 20, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the reply. You write that you tried to pair them with the DT1990. What pads are you comparing too?
The comparison I posted was against the DT990 stock pads. The DT1990 pairing I had tried with my friend's pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back