Dual Monitor Setup -- Advice?
Feb 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nihl

Head-Fier
So I'm in the market for some monitors. Right now I'm using a 21.5 display and that is just not enough for me anymore. I have two monitors at my desk at work -- and well, simply put...it's fabulous. I'd like to have a dual monitor setup at my home station as well, and I'm beginning to look around at prices and compare whats out there. I'd like something with HDMI input and low response time. Also, around 23-24 inches or so would be ideal.

Any suggestions? My price range is not that high ($100-150 per monitor), but I'm flexible.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 3
LCD monitors are a commodity item. There are the "premium" units like Samsung and Asus, and then there are the zillions of others that (IMHO) are all about the same.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 3
It's been awhile since I've looked for a monitor, but it looks like TN panels are still around. I would avoid these at all costs, especially for a dual monitor setup. IPS panels have much better viewing angles and the colors won't shift when viewing from the top, bottom and sides.

It's also important to realize that just because it's a bigger size doesn't necessarily mean you will have more screen space. Most monitors are 1920x1080. A bigger size just means bigger pixels.

I don't know if many are still made but I greatly prefer a 24 inch monitor with a 16:10 ratio at 1920x1200 to any size 16:9 at 1920x1080.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back