Dubstep Headphones!?!
Nov 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

basshead2015

New Head-Fier
Hey, I am looking for new headphones and I listen to a lot of... that's right dubstep. Now I have some able planet head phones (most probably don't even know what able planet is) but they just aren't satisfying for bass. Now I've looked a dozens of headphones all with good reviews but nothing stands out. So up till now I've heard mostly good things about the v-moda crossfade lp, but I'm not sold. So if you have some recommendations please share.
so in a nut shell I am looking for:
-Bass heavy
-Over ear (but on ear are fine too)
-$200
-clear sounds

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
Hey, I am looking for new headphones and I listen to a lot of... that's right dubstep. Now I have some able planet head phones (most probably don't even know what able planet is) but they just aren't satisfying for bass. Now I've looked a dozens of headphones all with good reviews but nothing stands out. So up till now I've heard mostly good things about the v-moda crossfade lp, but I'm not sold. So if you have some recommendations please share.
so in a nut shell I am looking for:
-Bass heavy
-Over ear (but on ear are fine too)
-$200
-clear sounds

Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone PRO 750
Shure SRH750 DJ
Sony MDRZX700
Sony XB700
M-Audio Q40
Beyer DT770 PRO
Beyer Custom One's
AudioTechnica A900X
AudioTechnica PRO700MKII

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 10
Some of those could use an amp some don't really need it. My HFI 580s for example sounded so, well, "ultra" from any source, that I would struggle to notice subtle source-to-source differences. I haven't tried the Custom Ones but if I recall they were designed specifically for very low output devices with ohms of 16 or so...

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #10 of 10
JVC-SZ1000, paired with a Fiio E11 amp will be within your budget and will have tremendous bass. Go take a look at the basshead thread on here, tons of great information in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back