DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Oct 25, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #1,112 of 2,461
Biggest IEM dilemma ever: Wait til 11.11 or buy SA6 Ultra?

Capture.PNG

If you are on Headfi, the only correct answer is to do both.

Buy SA6 Ultra now, and buy even more IEMs on 11.11!!! YOLO!!!

Jokes aside, maybe there is an 11/11 deal for the SA6 Ultra?

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #1,114 of 2,461

If you are on Headfi, the only correct answer is to do both.

Buy SA6 Ultra now, and buy even more IEMs on 11.11!!! YOLO!!!

Jokes aside, maybe there is an 11/11 deal for the SA6 Ultra?
I WISH I could buy on both days. Alas, my current budget is only enough for an SA6 Ultra or something else.

Doubt there will be a deal for the SA6 Ultra during 11.11, prob for OG DUNU SA6 which is an IEM I've had on my wish list but is overshadowed by other IEMs

IEM Logic says buy Ultra because I happen to have the Vernus.

It's 1.38 AM right now, I'll decide before I go to sleep, guessing the entire stock will be sold within a few hours.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #1,115 of 2,461
On the same boat. Kinda wanna wait but isn't SA6 ultra being sold in limited quantities? I'd rather just get a non-collab version later tbh.
300 allegedly.

I think Timmy's SA6 Ultra tier placement might be exaggerated. (No offense to him, I do enjoy his content.)

That just says a lot about how tuning affects "Technicalities" which will forever be a meme in the community.

EQing the OG SA6 apparently doesn't yield the same results, I'm not an EQ expert by a long shot.

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #1,116 of 2,461
300 allegedly.

I think Timmy's SA6 Ultra tier placement might be exaggerated. (No offense to him, I do enjoy his content.)

That just says a lot about how tuning affects "Technicalities" which will forever be a meme in the community.

EQing the OG SA6 apparently doesn't yield the same results, I'm not an EQ expert by a long shot.
Yeah I don't buy any reviewer's hype and rankings, especially a collab. BUT, I have had the OG SA6 on my radar and this seems to be an upgrade to that. Even if it's not S-Tier I'd be interested. I just hate the hype + limited quantities of collabs.

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #1,118 of 2,461
Just placed my order for the "Double Red" version of the SA6 Ultra. Really excited to try them out 🙏🍾

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #1,120 of 2,461
I knew I would regret it if I would miss out on it because I waited too long. Happened to me before with some thing else and am still a little bummed out years later.
So I bit the bullet and got the SA6 Ultra right on release, and I mean the first minute of it being out. So yes, I did get the first 50 buyer bonus of a type c-connector. Those were gone in all of about 5 minutes.
Because I live in Europe the $599 became €649 because of the currency exchange, but at least the tax is covered by HiFiGo and that saves at least €136 so I can't really complain.

Now I just have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.

On the same boat. Kinda wanna wait but isn't SA6 ultra being sold in limited quantities? I'd rather just get a non-collab version later tbh.
300 allegedly.
Seeing as this is Dunu, limited does mean limited. Just look at the Venus earlier this year, limited to 200 100 units and they have never made any more of them. Nor has there been a Falcon Pro with the venus tuning as a regular release. So this SA6 Ultra will be only 300 units (+a few review samples) and the SA6 most likely won't get a regular release of this tuning ever.

As of writing this it is still available but I doubt there will be any left during 11.11. Hell they might be gone at the end of the day if the early sales are anything to go by.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #1,121 of 2,461
.Seeing as this is Dunu, limited does mean limited. Just look at the Venus earlier this year, limited to 200 units
It was actually 100.

Funnily enough, it was around 3 AM when I picked up a set, they sold out when I woke up.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #1,122 of 2,461
It was actually 100.

Funnily enough, it was around 3 AM when I picked up a set, they sold out when I woke up.
Well I stand corrected.

Had to get up pretty early myself to get this one. Gonna be a long day at work.

But it just goes to show how fast a Dunu can sell out limited edition without the help of being a collab. Sure, the Venus was significantly cheaper than a SA6 Ultra, lowering the bar to get one. But seeing how loved the SA6 is compared to the Falcon Pro and how big Zeos is along with the attention from other reviewers... The stock won't last long.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #1,123 of 2,461
Well I stand corrected.

Had to get up pretty early myself to get this one. Gonna be a long day at work.

But it just goes to show how fast a Dunu can sell out limited edition without the help of being a collab. Sure, the Venus was significantly cheaper than a SA6 Ultra, lowering the bar to get one. But seeing how loved the SA6 is compared to the Falcon Pro and how big Zeos is along with the attention from other reviewers... The stock won't last long.
I expect the stock to be completely gone within 20 hours or so.

Reason being price, 600 is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

These would fly off much faster if the price was lower.

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #1,124 of 2,461
Will have to sadly pass on these, I'm not comfortable with spending 600 on IEMs at the moment + own good gear.

Also, 11.11 is going to have plenty of sales, I'm far more comfortable spending around 450 on a discounted Variations or something.

DUNU MIGHT make a 2nd batch, but I doubt they will make more SA6 Ultras after the 1st batch sells out.

Why is this a limited edition is beyond me, this should've came out earlier this year under the Pro or MAX name.

DUNU quickly released a Zen Pro after people complained about the severe lack of treble extension.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #1,125 of 2,461
Will have to sadly pass on these, I'm not comfortable with spending 600 on IEMs at the moment + own good gear.

Also, 11.11 is going to have plenty of sales, I'm far more comfortable spending around 450 on a discounted Variations or something.

DUNU MIGHT make a 2nd batch, but I doubt they will make more SA6 Ultras after the 1st batch sells out.

Why is this a limited edition is beyond me, this should've came out earlier this year under the Pro or MAX name.

DUNU quickly released a Zen Pro after people complained about the severe lack of treble extension.

Imagine: Dunu Zen Pro Max. Even more treble extension :beyersmile:

But agree with you, $600 on IEMs is stiff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back