Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 20, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #2,056 of 2,536
  If anyone needs proper re-cabling, this guy successfully opened the shell of my DN1k:
https://www.facebook.com/EdsHeadphoneEarphoneRepair

Yeah, I seen before, but what's the cost for just cable replacement? excl s/h charges.....Is he charging flat rate for IEMs?

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #2,059 of 2,536
Interesting.
Does he have any other means of communication (email or something) as I don't have a FB account?
I have a pair of UE700s where the one ear is softer than the other, and I see he has replaced drivers etc.  I got my money back for these and so now they're just sitting on the shelf.  Think maybe I can try this guy out with this pair.

As for the DN1K, they are still under warranty, and so I will make sure only to use the DN1K and then maybe by October I can see how the cable is doing.

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,060 of 2,536
I didn't know these could be recabled. Another guy in the topic (forgot which page it was) mentioned that he doubts the housing could be opened without causing "extensive damage." I wonder if the person who had his recabled has cuts/damage on his housing.

Edit Purpose: Forgot to add "I wonder"

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #2,061 of 2,536
  Interesting.
Does he have any other means of communication (email or something) as I don't have a FB account?
I have a pair of UE700s where the one ear is softer than the other, and I see he has replaced drivers etc.  I got my money back for these and so now they're just sitting on the shelf.  Think maybe I can try this guy out with this pair.

As for the DN1K, they are still under warranty, and so I will make sure only to use the DN1K and then maybe by October I can see how the cable is doing.

I haven't had the chance to communicate with him apart from facebook and local cellular phone number.

I didn't know these could be recabled. Another guy in the topic (forgot which page it was) mentioned that he doubts the housing could be opened without causing "extensive damage." If the person who had his recabled has cuts/damage on his housing.

Very minimal, unnoticeable, tolerable 'damage' as seen in this photo:

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2,062 of 2,536

I haven't had the chance to communicate with him apart from facebook and local cellular phone number.

Very minimal, unnoticeable, tolerable 'damage' as seen in this photo:
bed345fb_Recabled2.jpeg
350x700px-LL-86a3ce36_Recabled3.jpeg

Nicely done!.....weren't you thinking to make them dc plug removable ones or you just let it go with just the cable replacement?....otherwise it serves longer than the permanent ones with different cable options from budget to silver ones......

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #2,063 of 2,536

Nicely done!.....weren't you thinking to make them dc plug removable ones or you just let it go with just the cable replacement?....otherwise it serves longer than the permanent ones with different cable options from budget to silver ones......

Haven't really thought about that lol.
When it wears out on me (hopefully after more than a year or two) I'm planning to have it reshelled.
Great hopes for that right now as we already have the knowledge that it is not impossible to open the shell while not damaging the drivers inside.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #2,064 of 2,536
I can't really tell where the damage is. Is there a small nick  on the inner circle as if he tried to pry it off? Did he tell you that there would be cosmetic damage? Did he offer detachable cable option?

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,066 of 2,536
So after reading about these for the past year I finally decided I should give them a try.  I'm a huge fan of the GR07 BE and it's still my go-to running/gym IEM because of the fit, but I just wanted something that I could use sitting around the house w/ my new X5II when I don't want to use my regular headphones (PM-3 or M100).  I've read a few comparisons w/ the GR07BE from a few sites and it seems like they are a step up from an overall sound point of view.  Has anyone here had any experience w/ the two.  Admittedly I've only read the last 20 pages of this thread because it's rather lengthy.  :)

TIA.

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #2,067 of 2,536
So after reading about these for the past year I finally decided I should give them a try.  I'm a huge fan of the GR07 BE and it's still my go-to running/gym IEM because of the fit, but I just wanted something that I could use sitting around the house w/ my new X5II when I don't want to use my regular headphones (PM-3 or M100).  I've read a few comparisons w/ the GR07BE from a few sites and it seems like they are a step up from an overall sound point of view.  Has anyone here had any experience w/ the two.  Admittedly I've only read the last 20 pages of this thread because it's rather lengthy.  :)

TIA.

I guess it's a matter of different flavour vs preferences. I'll always lean for the clarity and cleaner sound from something like DN-1000 balanced armatures, I also love GR07 MK2 despite moving on. (I still own them)

You'll be in for cleaner mid-range, higher clarity and it's going to sound brighter, you should notice a decent soundstage width increase. It's a good hybrid, especially for its price. Kept me pretty happy for a while. Hence the miles of pages in this thread...

Hopefully, your GR07 and DN-1000 can live side by side.

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #2,068 of 2,536
I guess it's a matter of different flavour vs preferences. I'll always lean for the clarity and cleaner sound from something like DN-1000 balanced armatures, I also love GR07 MK2 despite moving on. (I still own them)

You'll be in for cleaner mid-range, higher clarity and it's going to sound brighter, you should notice a decent soundstage width increase. It's a good hybrid, especially for its price. Kept me pretty happy for a while. Hence the miles of pages in this thread...

Hopefully, your GR07 and DN-1000 can live side by side.

Yeah I definitely don't need the same sound signature, in fact, I'd like something a bit different if I'm going to have two sets of "expensive" IEMs (PM-3 vs. M100 for example, haha).  So we'll see when they arrive tomorrow.  I'm really excited to try some different IEMs since it's been a few years since I've jumped down that rabbit hole.  Thanks for the info!

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #2,070 of 2,536
Just dropping in after a while to let you all know that the DN-1000s I found and purchased on eBay for $100 were indeed a scam. I got refunded, and I see now the seller's multiple accounts have been banned. Hope this doesn't become a frequent thing for new headphones/iems on eBay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back