DUNU TITAN 1 Review by mark2410
Oct 1, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #46 of 60
Brooko
i just need for commuting and walking around the school. im okay even i hear other things i just make sure that dunu is not so sensitive that you cannot enjoy them if have some noise in surroundings.

About the sound.
I think i leave it to you.
Im not sensitive i just want fun listening and lively i dont know what word to say maybe just like that :) i listen to acoustic rnb is titan recommended for this?

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #47 of 60
Well I quite happily walk around with them - and I enjoy them immensely.  I love them with acoustic - and IMO they are good with pretty much any genre I use.  They do leak a little, and you do get some background noise. I wouldn't personally use them in a really noisy environment (eg train / plane etc) - but for everywhere else, they would be my pick for budget earphone of the year.

Edit - well, the Titan and the Trinity Hyperion.

If you up your budget a little, then the Delta would come into play. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #48 of 60
Brooko
okay.. maybe ill try this titan.
Because in my everyday life.
i got 40mins commute and 6-7hrs in school.
Im still looking for review comparisom of momentum iem and titan. someone said momentum is warmer and bassy than titan. need to confirm thanks for info btw.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #49 of 60
@Brooko sir..
When youre outside and have few cars running. can you still enjoy the sound of dunu titan 1 and im using just normal galaxy android dont have amps or hd player

Just Brooko or Paul will do.  I don't even call my Dad (he's almost in his 80's) sir
wink.gif

I have no problems using the Titan outside as long as there is not too much ambient noise.  I have used them for exercise often - especially when I need to be aware of what is happening around me.  Just remember though - NZ roads have far less traffic, so our ambient street noise likely to eb a lot less than what you have.

If high isolation is a definite "must" - then maybe you might be better to look at something other than the Titan/EX1.

And they don't need amping.  They are pretty good out of a smart phone.

haha @Brooko  thats exactly my answer to his question on the comments on my youtube review! 

@lordyeff it would depend if your "WANT" to hear the few cars around you. OR your going to around a few cars but DON'T want to hear them

but yes the Titan 1s are a revelation for me anyway... i was so use to sealed earphones (thinking of all the benefits of the isolation) while still having great sound... that i closed my eyes (for a while anyway) to the semi vented iems or open iems in this case....

since the dunu titan 1s... i want to see what else i missed out on! 

if you don't need the isolation, i think the titan 1s is clean, detailed, yet still fun staple in a collection. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #50 of 60
Question,
Was having a major issue with the Titan-1's and wearing them straight down,after I switched my tips to the comply's..>
Anyone else wearing the titan's reversed?..overear..?...right earplug on the left--,,left ear ,..on the right side??

Mike

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #51 of 60
I recently got Titan 1 and enjoy it very much. I found that treble is a bit harsh so I changed the tip to comply and the treble is slightly tamed but clarity is also got less. Is this just me? What tips would be the best for this IEM? Thank you. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #52 of 60
@Brooko sir..
When youre outside and have few cars running. can you still enjoy the sound of dunu titan 1 and im using just normal galaxy android dont have amps or hd player

hi, well the Titans are amazing in the clarity and detail they offer but when you say cars running, well you can still enjoy the Titans but for me i would want more noise isolation that they offer.  i dont know if thats what want, you may want to be able to hear cars as to not get run over? 

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #53 of 60
  I recently got Titan 1 and enjoy it very much. I found that treble is a bit harsh so I changed the tip to comply and the treble is slightly tamed but clarity is also got less. Is this just me? What tips would be the best for this IEM? Thank you. 

your going to have to make compromises i find

my findings are the same as yours

except i found the hybrids to be tolerable for me. so i stuck with the included sony hybrids. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #54 of 60

your going to have to make compromises i find

my findings are the same as yours

except i found the hybrids to be tolerable for me. so i stuck with the included sony hybrids. 

Awesome. I have Sony XBA IEM and will use sony Hybrids. Thank you for your feedback. Besides, I love your Youtube channel and often refer to channel. :)

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #57 of 60
You're welcome 
normal_smile .gif
 @mark2410

Dunu Titan 1 is very capable iem and it's capability even increases with a good source or synergy, as other (capable) iems do. I feel as if the band is performing in my room when i listen the Titan 1 through hm650 and vocals are absolutely stunning. Am i the only one who feel that way? I am curious about that
popcorn.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #58 of 60
I bought them on @Brooko's recommendation. Enjoying them with rock and acoustic music.
I pair them with my Xduoo X2. The sound is surprisingly airy and spacious. I doubt any IEM would sound this detailed in the $150-$200 range. I own Fidue A73's too. I find these better in almost everything. I do miss the warmth of my A73's while listening to these though. Anyway, I think these are one of the best IEMs for acoustic and rock music under $200. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #59 of 60
Hi, I recently bought the Titans and was immediately hooked on their sound. I was looking for something a bit more fun than the excellent HiFiMan re400s and I struck gold. I've always been jealous of folk finding that perfect sound (for them personally) and then listening to old albums... and I found mine. I paid £90 which was great value imo. When writing a review someone said they'd been rebranded by Fiio (now called EX1) and now only cost £49. Being a little bit of a miser I ordered the Fiio EX1s from Amazon, compared the two and then sent back the Titans.They are the exact same IEM. So anyone thinking of purchasing them... buy the more affordable Fiio EX1s. Hope this helps.

EDIT - Spelling

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #60 of 60
  I bought them on @Brooko's recommendation. Enjoying them with rock and acoustic music.
I pair them with my Xduoo X2. The sound is surprisingly airy and spacious. I doubt any IEM would sound this detailed in the $150-$200 range. I own Fidue A73's too. I find these better in almost everything. I do miss the warmth of my A73's while listening to these though. Anyway, I think these are one of the best IEMs for acoustic and rock music under $200. 

Hey, I pair mine with a Fiio X1 and was looking at buying the Xduoo X2 as an alternative. I love my X1 as it's is nice and warm sounding, but I heard the XD X2 was a bit more neutral. I was wondering how the sound stage is on the X2?

EDIT : Repeated myself lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back