Dunu ZEN - Flagship Single DD IEM
Jan 12, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #16 of 21
It's a good initial sign that so far, there don't seem to be any complaints about fit.

FR graph looks pretty good. I continue to be most curious about the resolving capabilities of this new DD. I keep kicking around ordering (and then long wait) for TA Monarch, because I love me some sub bass, but I just keep coming back to looking at the Zen because DUNU does so many things right, IMO: a commitment to in-house tech development; rock solid build quality; elegant, not in-you-face design/aesthetics; plus terrific DUNU rep here at head-fi.

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 21
It's a good initial sign that so far, there don't seem to be any complaints about fit.

FR graph looks pretty good. I continue to be most curious about the resolving capabilities of this new DD. I keep kicking around ordering (and then long wait) for TA Monarch, because I love me some sub bass, but I just keep coming back to looking at the Zen because DUNU does so many things right, IMO: a commitment to in-house tech development; rock solid build quality; elegant, not in-you-face design/aesthetics; plus terrific DUNU rep here at head-fi.
To my ear anatomy it is a welcomed change compared to the Luna. The secret sauce is the nozzle length and design. I am also using Sedna Earfit light short tips.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #21 of 21
Which iems are those ? 😅
A no longer made adv sound m5-5d(1DD,4BA) and 1st gen Andromeda. The 5d has recessed mids, the andros lack that bass impact. They both sounds vastly different from the ZEN. I make a weird face when switching to them after listening to either the ZEN or LUNA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back