DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 25, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #21,677 of 22,021
Neutron... I haven't tried playlists with Mango yet...
And shuffle is off.
Thanks again!
Are you starting the playlist from the top level playlists section in Neutron? When you tap the playlist name, are the songs displayed in order? How are you starting the playlist (tapping on the first song or the play icon at the bottom)?

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #21,678 of 22,021
Are you starting the playlist from the top level playlists section in Neutron? When you tap the playlist name, are the songs displayed in order? How are you starting the playlist (tapping on the first song or the play icon at the bottom)?

Yikes!

I will try ALL of these methods. If I remember correctly, I was tapping on the first song...

I have some free time tomorrow, so I'm going to experiment a bit.

Thanks again for your help!

-dmm

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #21,679 of 22,021
Has anyone heard Dunu dn 2000j with dx200, the stock module? Do I make a good pair?

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #21,680 of 22,021
Hello, I want to buy a dap and I have two choices, Fiio x7 gen 2 + AM3D (module with THX technology) and iBasso dx200, both new for 700 euros. What do you recommend? Recently I returned a Fiio M11 Pro on the grounds that it has some too hot environments and the scene too in front, not being a big fan of this type of sound. X7 gen 2 I listened to it and liked it, but I didn't listen to dx200. I want a more neutral sound, without being bright. I don't know if it matters, but I use Dunu from 2000j, which can be a little aggressive if they don't match the source.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #21,681 of 22,021
Hello, I want to buy a dap and I have two choices, Fiio x7 gen 2 + AM3D (module with THX technology) and iBasso dx200, both new for 700 euros. What do you recommend? Recently I returned a Fiio M11 Pro on the grounds that it has some too hot environments and the scene too in front, not being a big fan of this type of sound. X7 gen 2 I listened to it and liked it, but I didn't listen to dx200. I want a more neutral sound, without being bright. I don't know if it matters, but I use Dunu from 2000j, which can be a little aggressive if they don't match the source.

Thats a difficult question to answer. I have the DX200 and think it is superb and Im fairly sure is much 'better' than the Fiio - Look into Twister's review of the DX200 online
The only thing I would suggest. The DX200 is quite a lively player so its possible the Dunu's may not be a perfect match..no idea though without trying
If you are stuck with the Dunu's and want a player that is high quality, yet grounded I very much still enjoy my DX80 - it has a much more linear more grounded sound than the DX200
which for SOME IEM's, ones that are too bright or excitable make a very pleasant listen!
Its hard to advice without your ears! but the DX200 is a great sounding reference DAP of that there is no doubt!

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #21,682 of 22,021
DX200 sounds alot better than fiio x7mk2. fiio x7mk2 tuning is terrible sounds ... not that good.it has terrible support. When I used to own one had issues with lineout port. but worst of all is its sound. To me it just sounded wrong in every regard(imaging,soundstage, general sound reproduction is not that great cause of the strange sound tuning they have done the middle channel seems huge and sides are small and near by. While with ibasso dx200 sounds are reproduced correctly and sounstage is huge,with incredible imaging/detail, and the tuning is fantastic it surrounds you with music from all sides.
I have had 2 fiio daps the x7andx7mk2 and from my experience with them I could never recommend any of fiio's products to anyone.

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #21,683 of 22,021
Thanks for the answers. I listened to x7 gen 2 and liked it. I see many say that the iBasso dx200 has the same tone, of course being superior. What can I say, if I liked the x7ii I would probably like the dx200 too.

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #21,684 of 22,021
I think you could be good with M11 Pro, if you had different earphones. IMO, earphones are the most critical component. I have CA Solaris, and with these even my Fiio BTR3 sounds awesome :) And as a DAP I have the DX208, but I don't use it a lot these days after I got the BTR3, which is much more convenient, and when on the go, the sound difference is barely noticeable.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #21,685 of 22,021
I think you could be good with M11 Pro, if you had different earphones. IMO, earphones are the most critical component. I have CA Solaris, and with these even my Fiio BTR3 sounds awesome :) And as a DAP I have the DX208, but I don't use it a lot these days after I got the BTR3, which is much more convenient, and when on the go, the sound difference is barely noticeable.

Interesting point - The reason I use a 'Reference' DAP is because I usually listen at home to reference quality quality with high quality headphones as that is the quality of listening that I am looking for.
If you are looking for a DAP that you will be using more for 'out and about' then you could probably go a lot cheaper
Really depends on what your needs are
I would say though that IMO every component in ones audio chain is important as every part plays a part - If even one of those parts is lacking then what you hear in the end will be less than ideal / or as good as it potentially good be :wink:

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #21,686 of 22,021
Interesting point - The reason I use a 'Reference' DAP is because I usually listen at home to reference quality quality with high quality headphones as that is the quality of listening that I am looking for.
If you are looking for a DAP that you will be using more for 'out and about' then you could probably go a lot cheaper
Really depends on what your needs are
I would say though that IMO every component in ones audio chain is important as every part plays a part - If even one of those parts is lacking then what you hear in the end will be less than ideal / or as good as it potentially good be :wink:
Totally agree, I only wanted to say that one can't appreciate a DAP in full with subpar earphones, and that, IMO, oftentimes a change of headphones gives a better growth in sound than a change of a DAP. I also read your post above and it's basically about the same as my post :)

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #21,687 of 22,021
Thanks for the answers. I stayed and thought, I think I will choose X7 gen 2 with the THX module. Dx200 with AMP1 has a sound too "flat" for my tastes so I should buy an AMP5 or AMDP9 module, that is +200 euros. I will use the dap when I am gone, I have two headphone systems at home so iBasso would prove to be too expensive for my needs. Going back to the Fiio M11 Pro, I listened to it with Dunu in 2000j, Dunu Titan 1 (I like Dunu sound) and open headphones (90s model) Akg K500. I didn't like the sound, so I don't think if I listened to it with other headphones it would have been another situation. It reminded me of the Caiyn N6 first-gen sound, which I didn't like again.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #21,688 of 22,021
Thanks for the answers. I stayed and thought, I think I will choose X7 gen 2 with the THX module. Dx200 with AMP1 has a sound too "flat" for my tastes so I should buy an AMP5 or AMDP9 module, that is +200 euros. I will use the dap when I am gone, I have two headphone systems at home so iBasso would prove to be too expensive for my needs. Going back to the Fiio M11 Pro, I listened to it with Dunu in 2000j, Dunu Titan 1 (I like Dunu sound) and open headphones (90s model) Akg K500. I didn't like the sound, so I don't think if I listened to it with other headphones it would have been another situation. It reminded me of the Caiyn N6 first-gen sound, which I didn't like again.
That is exactly what I was going to say next!. To my ears the amp1/dx200 combo is dreadful and baffled me when I first heard it. In fact I was very suspicious of iBasso business model when I first heard it wondering if they knew that people would have to upgrade to make the player sound as good as it needed! Once I bought amp5 I was very happy though. Im sure teh X7 will be fine but I do think that long term the quality of the DX200 + a descent amp is right up there with the best of them
Good luck and I hope you find the right player for your ears :)

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #21,689 of 22,021

Maybe buy dx220 instead. the sound is less flat and more musical. And with amp1 mk2 it is no need to have any upgrade.

Dec 6, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #21,690 of 22,021
I found for sale a preowned dx200, it was specified that the battery was changed. Does the Dx200 have problems with the battery? From what I understood after two years it must be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back