DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 25, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #12,346 of 13,478
hmm.. I dont understand every single word you guys saying... too technical to enjoy the music... JK

So there will be something new from iBasso... it's already been launch / announce ?? but we dont get any glimpse of it... hmm....

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #12,347 of 13,478
hmm.. I dont understand every single word you guys saying... too technical to enjoy the music... JK

So there will be something new from iBasso... it's already been launch / announce ?? but we dont get any glimpse of it... hmm....

Whats only hot from ibasso, the IEM flagship (post Max). re: DAP, only chat i can read around, nothing in pictures...

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #12,348 of 13,478

Yes ... that was just a slight direction of my thought.
Of course, the ibaso will bring out a good sound device, which can become even better with gifted minds such as @Whitigir and others .
And it is all dedicated to the best possible experience in listening to music.

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #12,349 of 13,478
Yes ... that was just a slight direction of my thought.
Of course, the ibaso will bring out a good sound device, which can become even better with gifted minds such as @Whitigir and others .
And it is all dedicated to the best possible experience in listening to music.
I can not wait to see what it is, whatever it is, the measurements are so Ground breaking dope!

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #12,351 of 13,478
Hi guys, I'm starting a Tidal hifi trial, have my home system streamer ok but before looking at DX229 options, just a quick question:
What's the best option sound quality wise? use Tidal app from store or any better alternative? I would like to use iBasso as an offline device, storing music on the micro sd card. Sorry the noob question and the laziness, just a short guideline for whom have experienced it.
Thanks!

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #12,352 of 13,478
Hi guys, I'm starting a Tidal hifi trial, have my home system streamer ok but before looking at DX229 options, just a quick question:
What's the best option sound quality wise? use Tidal app from store or any better alternative? I would like to use iBasso as an offline device, storing music on the micro sd card. Sorry the noob question and the laziness, just a short guideline for whom have experienced it.
Thanks!
I use Tidal and Amazon HD, and I also tend to listen to tracks downloaded to my SD card.
I was told (by Paul, if I’m not mistaken) that the best thing to do is use the native app.
Hope that helps.

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #12,353 of 13,478
Thanks!

For playing back native files, i use the dedicated Mango app...

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #12,354 of 13,478
For playing back native files, i use the dedicated Mango app...

You can play you offline Tidal tracks on Mango OS ??? Are they stored on the card accessible from other apps?
That would be awesome

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #12,355 of 13,478
You can play you offline Tidal tracks on Mango OS ??? Are they stored on the card accessible from other apps?
That would be awesome

In its Dedicated app (u have to go out of the android system) No.
However, there's a mango music app w/i the android, most probably u can use this...
1598541805960.png
w/i the android platform

1598541870827.png

Exit tab from android platform

1598541940377.png

w/i the dedicated ibasso mango player

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #12,356 of 13,478
In its Dedicated app (u have to go out of the android system) No.
However, there's a mango music app w/i the android, most probably u can use this...
1598541805960.png
w/i the android platform

1598541870827.png
Exit tab from android platform

1598541940377.png
w/i the dedicated ibasso mango player
Is there a sonic advantage to playing back this way?

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #12,357 of 13,478
Is there a sonic advantage to playing back this way?

I can only speak about some qualities between the mango app on android & the dedicated mango player out of android.
On the latter, The output is cleaner, clearer & "louder", having the impression of being the better sounding player overall.
But this is just me. after 3 x going back & forth, since i have nothing to do in the android platform, i've been using this player ever since.
Both players, have the same tuning, "reference class" - not thin, not thick, not boring either. excellent level of engagement, fantastic 3d & holographic imaging, huge sound field...

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #12,358 of 13,478
I can only speak about some qualities between the mango app on android & the dedicated mango player out of android.
On the latter, The output is cleaner, clearer & "louder", having the impression of being the better sounding player overall.
But this is just me. after 3 x going back & forth, since i have nothing to do in the android platform, i've been using this player ever since.
Both players, have the same tuning, "reference class" - not thin, not thick, not boring either. excellent level of engagement, fantastic 3d & holographic imaging, huge sound field...
ok thanks.
now, I have a stupid question - can I access my downloaded Tidal and Amazon HD files via the Mango player in Mango OS?

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #12,359 of 13,478
ok thanks.
now, I have a stupid question - can I access my downloaded Tidal and Amazon HD files via the Mango player in Mango OS?
Short answer, yes. They're suppose create their own folders. Should u decide to go offline and select an album, said album should go down to that folder.
the player can access through the entire folders. Thus the player can access the Tidal & amazon folders & their files...

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #12,360 of 13,478
Thanks guys, still, I don’t see how I can access Tidal offline downloaded albums from Mango player and much less from Mango OS.
Tidal albuns don’t look to be on shared storage, maybe in a private app storage?

Anyway, pretty good quality from tidal music app, I can live with it
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back