Dx320 optimizing discussions
Oct 27, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #79 of 105
Tried a full reset and just put Tidal and Qobuz on. Still having all kinds of problems getting screen to come on. Really wishing I’d opted for the A&K

I had that issue on a DX320MAX, randomly couldn't wake the screen pressing power even when music was still playing. Holding power to hard reset would bring the screen back on but obviously reboot the device. The issue went away after performing a full firmware flash with QFIL and the provided image (generally available in the first post of iBasao DAP threads, why don't all manufactures do this ? 🤔)

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #80 of 105
I had that issue on a DX320MAX, randomly couldn't wake the screen pressing power even when music was still playing. Holding power to hard reset would bring the screen back on but obviously reboot the device. The issue went away after performing a full firmware flash with QFIL and the provided image (generally available in the first post of iBasao DAP threads, why don't all manufactures do this ? 🤔)
They are afraid that they will have to pay for additional damages ?

Oct 27, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #82 of 105
What is going on with your unit ? We need a more detailed lay out to give any help
Hey thanks for taking the time to help me. It’s pretty baffling truthfully. I’ve done a full reset twice and it’s still happening

It’s rather difficult to reproduce. Sometimes I can turn the screen off and on with no issues. Other times it stops working immediately. Sometimes plugging it into power will make it flicker on and off or start working normally.

It drive me crazy bedside I’m in IT and it seems like there’s some kind of pattern that I’m not seeing

One thing is rather consistent. When I keep it plugged in and don’t use it for 10 or 15 minutes the screen almost always stops working

And here is the weirdest part. In almost every case I can press the side play button and listen to music with no issues. In fact it sounds amazing

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #83 of 105
Hey thanks for taking the time to help me. It’s pretty baffling truthfully. I’ve done a full reset twice and it’s still happening

It’s rather difficult to reproduce. Sometimes I can turn the screen off and on with no issues. Other times it stops working immediately. Sometimes plugging it into power will make it flicker on and off or start working normally.

It drive me crazy bedside I’m in IT and it seems like there’s some kind of pattern that I’m not seeing

One thing is rather consistent. When I keep it plugged in and don’t use it for 10 or 15 minutes the screen almost always stops working

And here is the weirdest part. In almost every case I can press the side play button and listen to music with no issues. In fact it sounds amazing
Does anyone have an update on resolving this unresponsive power button and blackscreen issue? I paid too much to try figuring out how to get my DAP to do its job. I have had this unit for 2 weeks and about to return this for the inconvenience this unresponsive power button and black screen issue causes when trying to turn on/off the screen or change songs.

I remember this happening way back in the day when android first came on scene and manufactures/developers would try to battery save; clocking the cpu/gpu (Kernel) too low causing the same issue. The only way to fix it was to root and/or flash a custom kernel and changing the cycles/governors.

Upgrading and coming from FIIO and SONY I would of expected a better and stable DAP.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #86 of 105
Well, I did find a solution. My favorite company Bloom let me return mine and after confirming the screen issue, they let me pay the difference to upgrade to an SP3000. It’s amazing
Ugh,

Well I hope the customer service can tell me something useful as I emailed them about the problem. It would make sense I can have a bad screen or just a bad DAP.

I'd love to jump to SP3000 but I'm gonna have to return this DAP and save up for that big jump.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #87 of 105
Guys, I tried to root my DX320 and after loading the patched BIN file with QFIL to both Boot A and Boot B in the Partition Menu, my DX320 doesn't to be able to boot normally, whenever I select START or other options it only goes back to the same Menu.

What am I doing wrong?
I can pull up the DX320 into EDL mode on the QFIL whenever I need to so I don't think I bricked the player but something doesn't feel right.

IMG_20221211_205613.jpg

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #88 of 105
Guys, I tried to root my DX320 and after loading the patched BIN file with QFIL to both Boot A and Boot B in the Partition Menu, my DX320 doesn't to be able to boot normally, whenever I select START or other options it only goes back to the same Menu.

What am I doing wrong?
I can pull up the DX320 into EDL mode on the QFIL whenever I need to so I don't think I bricked the player but something doesn't feel right.

IMG_20221211_205613.jpg
Don’t think you bricked it. Probably a bad patched boot IMG. Do a QFIL installation of the original firmware, and go from there ?

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #89 of 105
Don’t think you bricked it. Probably a bad patched boot IMG. Do a QFIL installation of the original firmware, and go from there ?
Yep you're right, I redid it again and it works now.

One last question........

With the Kernal Manager app,

I don't see an option within CPU that says "CPU sets Audio-Apps CPU to core 4-7"
I already set the frequencies and the Governor settings but I don't see a CPU option specifically regarding Audio.

IMG20221211221129.jpg

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #90 of 105
Yep you're right, I redid it again and it works now.

One last question........

With the Kernal Manager app,

I don't see an option within CPU that says "CPU sets Audio-Apps CPU to core 4-7"
I already set the frequencies and the Governor settings but I don't see a CPU option specifically regarding Audio.

IMG20221211221129.jpg
In the top left corner that is where the menu is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back