DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
May 30, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #1,216 of 10,347
I am finding that after a number of hours of burn in, which this has needed, the sound has become more holographic and a wonderful timbre. Voices stand out in a way I haven't heard before, which really enhances the listening experience. The soundstage really separates from the head. The music is detailed but not unnaturally so. It just puts it out there is a musical and very enjoyable way/experience. No issues with software and I find I like the Android mode and turning off the wifi and BT, I am getting very good play time. Good stuff.

May 30, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #1,217 of 10,347
DX320 has both details and emotions. Out of the box, you can hear more details, less coloring, more transparency, while 50hrs later mids got a bit warmer, fuller, more musical, a bit denser, closer to DX300.

Aside from what we do or don't believe about burn in, for example, Sony latest WM1ZM2 comes with the official disclaimer about custom caps and requirement for 200hr burn in; they even have a separate time counter for SE and BAL outputs that changes color once you reach 200hr mark.

I don't want to start another sound science argument, not my intention to upset people or force them to change their mind. Just stating what other manufacturer saying and drawing the parallel to iBasso new juicy custom caps. Thus, I don't want to jump to any final sound conclusion yet until these caps are properly cooked :)
Can’t wait to read your impressions and comparison with RS6 if it makes sense…

May 30, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #1,218 of 10,347
I am finding that after a number of hours of burn in, which this has needed, the sound has become more holographic and a wonderful timbre. Voices stand out in a way I haven't heard before, which really enhances the listening experience. The soundstage really separates from the head. The music is detailed but not unnaturally so. It just puts it out there is a musical and very enjoyable way/experience. No issues with software and I find I like the Android mode and turning off the wifi and BT, I am getting very good play time. Good stuff.
I completely agree!

May 30, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #1,219 of 10,347
Comparing the DX300 to the DX320 into the RSA A-10 with the Orpheus HE-90, there is no question they are different. The DX320 sounding fuller. There is also more separation of instruments and voices from each other. Oh, the DX300 is great and I can easily live with it but there is a different delivery with the DX320. String instruments project the body of the instrument and the wonderful slight twang of the string. I am just starting to get back into playing the violin (haven't played for 40 years) and though it sounds scary, lol, it still gives me an appreciation for the natural projection of sound and the rosin to string sound.

The sound with the A-10 and HE90 is like something you don't want to stop listening to. I check the time to see how much more I can listen to the DX320, A10 and 90 before having to go out for the evening hike. What a resonance of sound. Even quiet notes flow and are so evident against a black background.

May 30, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #1,220 of 10,347

Agreed

This is the basic overview

Comparing the DX300 to the DX320 into the RSA A-10 with the Orpheus HE-90, there is no question they are different.

The DX320 sounding fuller. There is also more separation of instruments and voices from each other.

Oh, the DX300 is great and I can easily live with it but there is a different delivery with the DX320.

String instruments project the body of the instrument and the wonderful slight twang of the string. I am just starting to get back into playing the violin (haven't played for 40 years) and though it sounds scary, lol, it still gives me an appreciation for the natural projection of sound and the rosin to string sound.

What a resonance of sound. Even quiet notes flow and are so evident against a black background.

Agreed

Gets more to the crux of it and the
( (initial) differences of both.

* i have nothing really to expand on the above myself at this point.

Hot swapping the amps might reveal more particulars,…or not.

‘There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy’ - William Shakespeare

May 30, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #1,221 of 10,347
How many hours of battery are you getting?

May 30, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #1,222 of 10,347
How many hours of battery are you getting?
I don't know for sure. I don't like to run a battery totally down. But I turned it on this morning around 9:30 and then started recharging around 3 and it 64% on the Digital battery and 80 something on the analogue battery. I was using standard resolution and driving the iBasso SR2 headphones with peaks around 85db. So for me, it was doing very good. WiFi and BT off and not much screen time. Without question the more I have charged the battery after some use when I go out for my evening hike, the battery the battery has become, with is normal.

May 30, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #1,223 of 10,347
Sounds like the 320Max would be worth waiting for! :beerchug:

May 30, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #1,224 of 10,347
Wondering if dx240 with the amp8mk2 card would be comparable to the dx320 stock. I’m probably going to go for the dx320, would it pair well with the legend Evo? I’ll sell my m17 as it is too bulky.

May 30, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #1,226 of 10,347
From what I hear from all the maxes, then it is a definite “YES!”
Wondering if its even possible. The dx320 seems rather like a continuation of the dx300 than the direct upgrade. Maybe iBasso plans the dx340/380/400? in the future with an option of dx340 MAX/380 MAX/400 MAX. I might be wrong tho, will see.

May 30, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #1,227 of 10,347
Wondering if its even possible. The dx320 seems rather like a continuation of the dx300 than the direct upgrade. Maybe iBasso plans the dx340/380/400? in the future with an option of dx340 MAX/380 MAX/400 MAX. I might be wrong tho, will see.
Doesn’t matter what, as long as it is a MAX, I will be in :)

May 30, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #1,228 of 10,347
Sounds like the 320Max would be worth waiting for! :beerchug:

If the next "max" unit doesn't change form factor and weight, then I don't see it as attractive as the slimmer 320, unless it surpases N8ii somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back