DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 20, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #3,121 of 10,347
Sooo I updated via local update process and did a factory reset. Now APKpure keeps showing me a "NETWORK_CONNECT_ERROR". Can't get it to work even after doing a factory reset again and clear the app's cache. Internet seems to be working fine as I can use chrome.. Anyone knows how to solve this?
Exactly, just that Apkpure advertised that they do some short of safety measurements? But I don’t care. The only thing I need is Google store

The rest of it can be uninstalled and disabled to get a faster, more responsive, and better performances
You can follow the advice above..
Hope it helps

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #3,123 of 10,347
By accident I discovered how great amp11.2s sounds from 3.5mm output. Just wanted to check something and swapped the amp13 to the stock one but didnt want to change the cable for the balanced on my Xelentos.
It sounds almost as organic, calm and very spacious. The sound is just beautiful. I also noticed the bass being slightly more articulated.
Xelentos were greatly powered on low gain, 40/60 of the volume. Im actually quite shocked. I dare to say that for less to moderate demanding iems, there is no need to go balanced. You can check for yourselves, i wonder if you will have similar impressions.

I am with you on the audio quality from the SE output, my AKG K3003 is in god mode with the SE connection. I nearly cried listening to Phantom of The Opera. N5005 aside, AKG doesn’t make good stuff like those anymore.

Jun 21, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #3,124 of 10,347
Liking this player (never tried it before today). Only settings I changed was turning off automatic gain protection, enabled 64 bit processing, and resampling from quality to audiophile. I can probably change the resampling back to quality. Source is a .dsf file. (DSD256).

EDIT: I just noticed the bitrate. Dang!
You might also want to have dither and sound shaping turned on. This will allow oversample to work better, and make the improvements more precise. Generally how oversampling works (for this case scenario), is that it averages the noise (based on the multiple chosen) and then does its thing (obviously there is a lot more to it, but trying to keep this short). It is like trying to divide on a calculator. It will give the nearest number it can while dropping the remainder or often referred to as the modulus in math and programming (remember teacher telling you to show your work when doing math? I hated it.. :)).

Using higher multiples of oversample can add those remainders up and that can actually amount to potentially significant noise. BTW! oversample will also make your digital filters more noticeable as a side effect, as well as increasing the dynamic range. But, the caveat is that it also increases the signal-to-noise ratio because summing up uncorrelated noise increases its amplitude.

This is where dither comes in. It actually adds noise to the track. This will supply enough noise for oversample to work more precisely at the chosen multiple (rather than as a whole). If this noise is still within the human hearable frequency (generally below 20Khz), sound shaping comes in. It is simply an algorithm that converts this noise to a known "out of reach" frequency.

Sound shaping (combined with dither) will convert the noise to such a frequency that the human ear cannot hear it. This will result in the cleanest sound that you can get from the current technology. Whether it sounds better to your ears is subjective, but scientifically, it helps (combined with other technics; FPGA master, isolated batteries, etc...) to produce the cleanest sound that the DAP can produce (unless some other tech comes out at some other point).

Hope that all made sense (best way to explain it without basically writing a white paper... :wink:), and sorry for another book... :)

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #3,125 of 10,347
Liking this player (never tried it before today). Only settings I changed was turning off automatic gain protection, enabled 64 bit processing, and resampling from quality to audiophile. I can probably change the resampling back to quality. Source is a .dsf file. (DSD256).

EDIT: I just noticed the bitrate. Dang!
Resampling, 64 bit processing options are applicable to PCM files, not DSD. If you are hearing a difference enabling those while playing a DSF file, it is either psychological or a PCM conversation is being applied which makes no sense to do for a DSD256 file. Also enabling a 64 bit processing (it has nothing to do with 16 or 24 bit samples, it is about processing precision) would produce no audible difference.

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #3,127 of 10,347
You can either download it from APK Pure directly from your device or side-load it from your computer from APK Pure. Com., and load it onto your 320.

Jun 21, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #3,134 of 10,347
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #3,135 of 10,347
I use OTA to update the firmware. Is it ok or is it mandatory to perform local update instead?
I also did the OTA update. Everything is perfectly fine. But I don't have the amp13 yet. It's coming in 2 weeks. Let's see if I then have to improve it with the 660 tool and local update. The file size is also the same as with the local update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back