DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 13, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,141 of 10,355
Not at all
Rather have that people are doing fine
And are pleased
Brings less 'stress' from their side to us ... 🙏
OK! Though it would be ok if you DID. Lots of people do that (not myself though).

Yeah, I like it more when everyone gets along. I don't mind negativity if (like mentioned) it is constructive, just not destructive.... :)

Jul 13, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #4,142 of 10,355
Can I say this ? I have been through so many products and often dissect it technical aspects down to resistors/capacitors, or wires quality. There are only 2 companies that don’t cut people throats and having amazing foundations on the bases of devices engineering

Sony (Japan)

Ibasso (China)

By far, the best build to performance to pricing for Values:pPrices ratios
I've browsed the mods being done. Nice clean work. I rarely had the patience for small detail work like that, I was much better at bread boarding madness. LOL.

The AMP12 mods have me interested. I like the idea of 'balanced' circuitry inputs/outputs/headphones....still in lurk/research mode, want to hear a setup myself. Already started the process to replace my desktop setup, but still use the DX320 as the transport. Have the Schiit Jotunhiem 2 on the way (some LCD-X/SS amp synergy I've read about). If I expand past that....will be looking into more about those AMP 12 mods. :beerchug:

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #4,143 of 10,355
After more testing :

- I got quick charge from the Xiaomi 67W charger provided with Black Shark 4, also with the quick charger provided with Huawei P30 PRO, those two being different and not compatible between them, DX320 is proving to work with most quick chargers.

- I understand the facts about the digital battery now, after 2-3 hours of listening I'm at Digital 75% and analog battery 92 %

- Using a type-C cable from my computer's type-C port does not solve the delay for the USB DAC function, but that's promised to be solved in the next firmware update, so no panic

- I am enjoying both AMP13 and the default AMP, and actually find myself listening to the original just as much. With most iBasso DAPs, the original module was less interesting, but with DX320, I just love the original AMP module a lot.

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #4,144 of 10,355
So im sending back the Kann Max. After extended comparisons with Pioneer 300r, the Max isnt as musical and wide sounding.
Im actually stunned how great and musical the Pioneer sounds. It maybe doesnt have such separation and microdetail but it sounds so musical, wide, with great bass.
All i can hear is the music, where on the Max it was the bass and a lot of details. The closest competitor to the Pioneer was dx323.
I just love the way the sound is presented on the Pioneer, it reminds me very much of the Sony sound signature.
This player (Pioneer) is someting special and i knew it from the first time i heard it. But im actually blown away that it holds so well after 4 years.
Its just so romantic, fluid and wide sounding.. And pairs so well with the Monarchs 2.

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #4,145 of 10,355
I could use the 15 volts to drive my 300 ohms overears which sounds a bit compressed with the DX320, but I will only trade this ROHM for another ROHM.
You could get also get stronger amp board 😎

Nobody has problems (static noise) with DSD-Playback in Neutron??
I had an issue with Neutron with DSD playback making a pop sound 1-2sec after paused. Literary every other player I tried on the dx320 had no issues with DSD, so I gave up on Neutron for mango.

Hi guys and girls, I have 2 Amp 12's at NP now. I want to sell the blue one. Equipped with Audio Note Kaisei, Solen Caps and Poscaps. If anyone is interested, please pm. It's just the board.

Would be interesting to see a pic of your version.

I have a "blue" version, but mine is probably different, as I sent him the caps I wanted.

He stated that he hasn't decided on his final production version of next amp12, and that the ones he made, were special requests.

It is literally was one of my best performing boards now.
Noticeable jump in realism & performance.

The unequal battery drain problem, can possibly be equalized, or more likely minimized with a software update
I agree, but the unequal battery drain was always "unequal". In dx300. In dx300Max. In dx220Max...
There was never an intention or presumption that the batteries would drain the same, untill this thread with posters having hiccups in charging their units. If ibasso supplied a charger, alot of pages of posts would never been made.🥲

Interesting.

This may be a board level issue, of chip trace crosstalk, happens when two traces are too close. I doubt shielding could fix the issue if that’s what it is.
If they designed a thicker metal plate covering them tube units, maybe?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #4,148 of 10,355
😂😂😂😂😂😂
@ Rigatio And you notice that now after 4 years???
Well i need to confess that im still getting tricked by all the reviewers who actually have no idea what they are writing about.
They are just selling products, thats all. But the truth is that all the devices i ve tried, didnt sound significatly better that the Pioneer (if any better at all).
New product, new chip, more power! Better design. All this is crap.
I now know, if i want a real upgrade, i need to spend at least 3k euros.
All those higher mid daps have something better but they are worse in other areas.
Let spill the truth for the general good.

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #4,149 of 10,355
I agree, but the unequal battery drain was always "unequal". In dx300. In dx300Max. In dx220Max...
There was never an intention or presumption that the batteries would drain the same, untill this thread with posters having hiccups in charging their units. If ibasso supplied a charger, alot of pages of posts would never been made.🥲

If they designed a thicker metal plate covering them tube units, maybe?
I am at a disadvantage with iBasso history (or any DAP manufacturer)....I dove head first into the world of DAPs with the DX320 purchase after a week or so of head-fi lurking/reading, but also watching the YT review that existed. I'd have to go back to iPod days to say I had a stand apart device for music :slight_frown:. Everything was then iOS based, then a brief stint with a few HTC phones, a One+ device, and back to iOS.

I don't expect equal drain (unrealistic), just hope to equalize it as best possible.

We batted around a number of ideas of where the RF/AMP13 interference problem may be coming from. Tube, ribbon cable, board traces/locations are possible culprits. A few have reported success in minimizing or eliminating the signal interference by playing with WiFi settings (nothing yet reported that these changes affect throughput speeds). There's a handful of ideas to throw at the issue now, hopefully they work for those that run into it.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #4,150 of 10,355
Wandering eyes with other DAPs. Been there. Had 300Max, both SS & Ti at same time. Tried the n8ii, nice. Tried others. Still have my dx300 as well..
Sometimes you have to "make the rounds" to have a good guage on what you have.

For me, Dx320 = staying.

No other DAP is going to give me the freedom of having swappable amp modules, with the access to be customized... to levels of "desktop quality" components.

So now, I have a DAP that no other DAP can achieve, because none could or would ever have such parts implementation into thier units, simply because the market is too financially competitive for them to implement such components.

iBasso actually did alot with custom parts into thier latest amp11mk2s board. The majority of competition wont do it.
As whitigir noted, Sony has implemented some exceptional quality parts, but we have not seen any manufacturer implement larger film caps(like ibasso did), nor can they.
They will continue to miniaturize and cost cutting.

I expect to see a 320Max in future, but if it doesn't have a modular board(to mod), I won't be going anywhere.

Ibasso can probably make even more powerful amp boards, because their battery for analog is so much more lasting.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #4,152 of 10,355
Well i need to confess that im still getting tricked by all the reviewers who actually have no idea what they are writing about.
They are just selling products, thats all. But the truth is that all the devices i ve tried, didnt sound significatly better that the Pioneer (if any better at all).
New product, new chip, more power! Better design. All this is crap.
I now know, if i want a real upgrade, i need to spend at least 3k euros.
All those higher mid daps have something better but they are worse in other areas.
Let spill the truth for the general good.
I’ll step out on a ledge here….

FOMO hits hard on Head-Fi. Add in hype, and the ‘Sorry about your wallet’ line becomes real, very quickly. Doesn’t matter what level you are interested in/involved at.

I’m sure you’ll find the audio nirvana you are looking for.

Maybe bookmark your own post for a re-read every now and then when you do? It’s a great revelation realization about cost of diminishing returns/results in the audio hobby, at least in my brain’s interpretation. 😁 🍻

Jul 14, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #4,153 of 10,355
DX320 is a fantastic DAP! The only thing that seemed to me, the first firmware gave a more interesting sound. Now I've updated to V2.02 and it sounds a little different. I can't say that the sound got worse, not at all, but for me, on some IEMs, the high-frequency register now seems a little intrusive. Either way, the DX320 is amazing. iBasso never ceases to delight us! Well done.

01_2022_07.jpg

Jul 14, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #4,154 of 10,355
I’ll step out on a ledge here….

FOMO hits hard on Head-Fi. Add in hype, and the ‘Sorry about your wallet’ line becomes real, very quickly. Doesn’t matter what level you are interested in/involved at.

I’m sure you’ll find the audio nirvana you are looking for.

Maybe bookmark your own post for a re-read every now and then when you do? It’s a great revelation realization about cost of diminishing returns/results in the audio hobby, at least in my brain’s interpretation. 😁 🍻
That's been buggering me for a very long time and in the long run it's becomes actually a restriction
The famous duo: diminishing return
Everyone wants the bang for his buck but the moment you can convince yourself to cross the line and see what's out there ...
It's not of the 90% what you have now but those other 10% make the difference
But there's no rush and there's a moment in life for all ... 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back