DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
May 30, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #616 of 1,449
Im using dca expanse with dx320max
A really great match
Soooo enjoyable!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #617 of 1,449
I have a minor issue with Roon where if I pause my music and come back to it later, the audio device is no longer visible and I have to force close and restart the Roon app in order to start playback again.

Also sometimes the DAC wants to play at 44.1 kHz for streaming from Roon, sometimes it wants to play at 176.4 kHz. Not sure what's controlling this.
I figured out that the first issue was due to Android's battery optimization feature. I disabled it for Roon and it seems to behave properly now.

May 31, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #618 of 1,449
The analog battery is charging up to 80% only. Is this normal?

May 31, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #621 of 1,449
I'm currently going through the burn in process. What's the consensus on when to charge it. I ran it down to 8% before charging yesterday. I'm currently at 15% and ready to recharge again.

You need to fully deplete the battery and recharge to full a couple of times to calibrate the battery. It should provide more accurate results

May 31, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #622 of 1,449
I am interested in hearing it but I will wait for @aaf evo to sell his in a couple of weeks. I bought his last MAX.
The prophecy has come true...I will be joining the room in a couple of days. Didn't even make it the full two weeks.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #623 of 1,449
The DAC , all DAC, has the ability to “scale pcm” data before conversions. This level of scaling will then be applied toward the own chip DSP processing toward the conversions. There are different amplitudes for different pulses regarding differences between variations of the PCM encodings. Under a specific set of circumstances, the algorithms will have overshoots over the full scale values, which increase noises and clipping during the processing. The chips will then have to process harder and further to filter them out.

However, all of those mentioned above are all within the scope of the DAC chips itself. The engineers don’t need to do anything, just follow the data sheets and engineering white sheets. That is the reason why only PCM can be using Equalizer, because it allows a certain amplitudes to be adjustable and or attenuated.

Now, it is the opposite of that in order to lock the DAC chips, which is what we called an “optimized conversions”. The engineers “have to measures under a specific circumstances, instances” which are outlined by the DAC manufacturers and together with the experiences from the DAP makers itself. On top of that, the hardware of low pass filters will have to be measured afterward as well.

I am not saying that Ibasso team did all that. I just think that they did. Because those were the only reason to implement “analog gains” knob, and omitting the digital gain features. Logically, when analog gains are in place together with analog stepped attenuations, the digital sections are optimized. Those are how desktop systems are. Hence after the DAC, there will be a preamp, which is a mean to adjust the loudness by analog signals. Then it will come the power amplifier later.

I really don’t want to dissect this aspect of the game, because it involves a lot of different things, and where people would keep on asking for “proofs” etc… that means they are not interested, but rather just want to debate baselessly. Because for such an in-depth matters, they can research for themselves.

Then again, this is the reason why I love Ibasso, they allow firmware rollback. If you don’t like the new one, roll it back. How many companies would even allow this ? That is what I really meant
Hi, May i ask DX300MAX also could rollback firmware? How about the older fw( i mean fw not in Android 11). Sorry because, this is the first time i've used an android dap, i don't really like android but Ibasso changed my mind 😂😂

Jun 1, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #624 of 1,449
Jun 1, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #625 of 1,449
The MAX sounds so good by itself, does the amp really make a difference?
A different sound but to me, does it need an amp? No. I most always prefer it straight with no chaser.

Jun 1, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #627 of 1,449
No it doesn’t need an external amp, at least for IEMs. The Max amp itself is plenty.
Does the brise amp give a different flavor? To the better or worse in your opinion?

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #628 of 1,449
Does the brise amp give a different flavor? To the better or worse in your opinion?

Yeah it does, it’s slightly warmer and fuller than Max by itself. Stage increases in depth and I hear imaging to be slightly more accurate. The Max by itself though is more transparent and dynamic with a wider stage. It’s a side flavor rather than an up or downgrade. I would not buy the Brise amp to stack with the Max, that’s just not necessary. For acoustics/vocals I think the Brise amp has the edge, for transparency and dynamics the Max.

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #629 of 1,449
Yeah it does, it’s slightly warmer and fuller than Max by itself. Stage increases in depth and I hear imaging to be slightly more accurate. The Max by itself though is more transparent and dynamic with a wider stage. It’s a side flavor rather than an up or downgrade. I would not buy the Brise amp to stack with the Max, that’s just not necessary. For acoustics/vocals I think the Brise amp has the edge, for transparency and dynamics the Max.
Sounds interesting. I like warmth and fullness. Very tempting to try that amp

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #630 of 1,449
If the quality is there, which it is with the DX320MAX, less is better. Straight out really is excellent and very truthful to the music. If you want more euphoric then go with a tube amp etc., but better? No, IMO but it is fun to experiment and the 320MAX is an excellent source to an amp, just like it is excellent straight out with its own amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back