Ear Distortion and Crosstalk
May 1, 2014 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GrindingThud

1000+ Head-Fier
I've done some web surfing and seem to come up empty. Sometimes when accidentally listening to a phone (one ear) too loud, I notice distortion of certain female voices. It's a strident piercing distortion that I perceive as an annoying sensation in the opposite ear I'm listening with....almost like crosstalk. Has anyone heard of this and does it have a name?

May 1, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 4
never experienced anything like that. Maybe the sound is going all the way through your noggin and out the other side!

May 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 4
  never experienced anything like that. Maybe the sound is going all the way through your noggin and out the other side!

I'm going to the surgeon next week to have 99.999999999999% percent pure audiophile quality sound absorptive materials installed into my head. The vast vacant space between my ears is simply too susceptible to crosstalk that it totally screws up the soundstage. I expect all other self-proclaimed audiophiles are equally susceptible to this empty-headed crosstalk problem.

Cheers

May 2, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Lol

I'm going to the surgeon next week to have 99.999999999999% percent pure audiophile quality sound absorptive materials installed into my head. The vast vacant space between my ears is simply too susceptible to crosstalk that it totally screws up the soundstage. I expect all other self-proclaimed audiophiles are equally susceptible to this empty-headed crosstalk problem.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back