Ear Pads for Superlux HD668B?
May 11, 2018 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Prim8NChief

Head-Fier
I need some recommendations on ear pads for my Superlux HD668B headphones. The stock ones are really firm and make my ears warm and sweat. I know velour pads are good but I'm not sure which specific ones I should buy. I measured the ear cups and they're around 105 mm. I think the K240 are about the same size so I can use any ear pads that fit those (correct me if I'm wrong). I was looking into Brainwavz round XL velour pads but those are 110 mm and I'm not sure if those will be too big. They're also $30 so a cheaper option would be great. Unless you think that price is worth it. So what do you guys use and can recommend?

Update: The Brainwavz ear pads are on sale. So really I need to know are 110 mm ear pads too big for a 105 mm ear cup? I know the 100 mm ear pads are too small.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 25
The 110 will be a little loose but probably not falling off. I would bet that the 100 will fit, you would need to heat up the pads to loosen them, be patient and carefully stretch them over.
Normally I would recommend the Senitek pads ( I have the hybrids on mine) but currently they only have the leather ones available. Here are the 2 advantages: I can assure you they fit and they are dirt cheap, currently $12.00

https://www.amazon.com/Senitek-Repl...srs=11745034011&ie=UTF8&qid=1526074275&sr=8-4

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 25
The 110 will be a little loose but probably not falling off. I would bet that the 100 will fit, you would need to heat up the pads to loosen them, be patient and carefully stretch them over.
Normally I would recommend the Senitek pads ( I have the hybrids on mine) but currently they only have the leather ones available. Here are the 2 advantages: I can assure you they fit and they are dirt cheap, currently $12.00

https://www.amazon.com/Senitek-Repl...srs=11745034011&ie=UTF8&qid=1526074275&sr=8-4

Thanks for the input. I'm steering away from the Brainwavz because of the price. I know they're good quality but there are cheaper alternatives. I would consider the Senitek pads but I don't think I want leather because I've read that velour are more breathable.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #7 of 25
Thanks for the input. I'm steering away from the Brainwavz because of the price. I know they're good quality but there are cheaper alternatives. I would consider the Senitek pads but I don't think I want leather because I've read that velour are more breathable.
No problem....cloth/suede does breathe better...they will also alter the sound somewhat. You will lose some bass response, which is why I like the Senitek hybrids. If they come back in stock, I highly recommend them for the Supeluxes. I don't know how soon you need the pads, but I would check Amazon periodically to see if they have either the hybrids, the cloth or the suede back in stock. The quality of them is on par with the HM5s, but for half the price or less.

May 11, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 25
No problem....cloth/suede does breathe better...they will also alter the sound somewhat. You will lose some bass response, which is why I like the Senitek hybrids. If they come back in stock, I highly recommend them for the Supeluxes. I don't know how soon you need the pads, but I would check Amazon periodically to see if they have either the hybrids, the cloth or the suede back in stock. The quality of them is on par with the HM5s, but for half the price or less.

Now you got me wondering if I should even go for the velour pads. I don't want my sound to be altered. I may just get the pu leather ones then. Those come in red or white and I like that. Brainwavz has hybrid ones but they're $28. The leather ones are $23. So I don't know if I can justify spending $5 more dollars. Is it true that the thicker Brainwavz leather pads can decrease clarity?

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 25
1) I can't speak to how the HM5s would affect clarity due to an increase in depth per se because I don't have a set of the rounds to try....I can speculate they aren't so much deeper that I would worry about a loss of clarity. As long as you don't get the angled pads, those are significantly different in character. 2) if it's only a $5 premium for hybrid, I would probably pay it....but
3) if you are going to stick with leather and price is a concern, I personally would get the Senitek leather.....
looks like it boils down to three considerations:
$23 for leather in a cool color
$28 for hybrids
$12 for very similar black leather
style vs comfort vs value .....an age old dilemma .

May 11, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 25
....on further thought, in regards to the question of depth of pads affecting the clarity:
I think the difference in comfort and fit, considering that the upgraded pads will seal better I doubt you would experience a loss in clarity, it'll probably tighten things up and actually let you hear things better, so I wouldn't let the depth of the pads concern you too much.

May 11, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 25
I may just get the pu leather ones then. Those come in red or white and I like that. Brainwavz has hybrid ones but they're $28. The leather ones are $23. So I don't know if I can justify spending $5 more dollars.
Do you have a link for the red or white pads? I'm curious. Thanks. :)

May 11, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #12 of 25
May 12, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #13 of 25
1) I can't speak to how the HM5s would affect clarity due to an increase in depth per se because I don't have a set of the rounds to try....I can speculate they aren't so much deeper that I would worry about a loss of clarity. As long as you don't get the angled pads, those are significantly different in character. 2) if it's only a $5 premium for hybrid, I would probably pay it....but
3) if you are going to stick with leather and price is a concern, I personally would get the Senitek leather.....
looks like it boils down to three considerations:
$23 for leather in a cool color
$28 for hybrids
$12 for very similar black leather
style vs comfort vs value .....an age old dilemma .

Well when you put it that way I am leaning towards the hybrids. Thanks again for all the help. Have you ever seen these before? Chinese generic hybrids. They ship by speedpak so it wouldn't be too long of a shipping time. I feel like the quality of the Brainwavz will be better though.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #14 of 25
enh...those pads look like shiite. I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, I don't know how tight your money is, but I think for an extra $15 (the difference between the HM5 and the ones you linked) I would just get the good pads and enjoy them. Those pads look like they are going to come apart...it's probably not memory foam.
I've had HM5 hybrids on my Fidelio L2s for about a year and they look about the same as new to be honest.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #15 of 25
to put it another way, I have Senitek hybrids on my HD681 and the only thing that I don't like about them is that they are not quite as nice as the HM5 hybrids on my L2s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back