Earbuds/IEMs help
Nov 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

musicfiend1

New Head-Fier
I am currently using Philips O'Neill specked which are O.K. but don't isolate well and I hear a wind like noise when I ever I move with them in and a pair of Shure SE115 which I need to fix. 

What I am looking for is some headphones which isolate well, are extremely difficult to break (this is extremely important as my headphones tend to experience a lot of abuse), and have reasonable sound quality. Budget is $100 or less.

Any help for this noob would be appreciated.

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 10
My ER6is isolate very well, and you can find them on Amazon for $70. However, the cables are very thin, so durability might be a problem if you're not careful (I've had mine for a year, but I am careful with them, always using the case and shirt clip). I haven't heard the MC5, but it's only $10 more and has a metal driver housing and kevlar-reinforced cables. If you like the Shure sound signature though, the sound might a little on the bright/analytical side for you.

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 10
Forgot to mention wind noise with the ER6i is almost nonexistent with a good seal.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 10
I haven't owned them, but the Panasonic RP-HJE900s are made of cubic zirconium and have replaceable cables, so that sounds like it should be difficult to destruct. Can't say for sure though.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 10
I liked the MC5 but it is not easy to find aside from on amazon and the RP-HJE900s which I loved are completely out of my price range.
I should have mentioned I am Canadian and amazon does not account for the dollar difference.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I really liked the Westone UM1's for the money they are hard to beat.   I used them with the foam comply tips and the isolation was great, they also fit inside my ear, (which are small btw) to the point where i could lay my head on its side and they wouldn't bother me.  I have had problems with other iem's with silicone tips, they would make my ears itch after a few minutes. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back