Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 30, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #19,247 of 75,756

What?? Do you mean poweramp the app..??

no, he mean any buds, maybe, like Edifier h190p..

PowerAmp the App. As I am using PowerAmp to listen to the music, I am feeling that may be the reason why my two earbuds are broken. I wanted to check with you guys as you know much much more and better than me if high impedence earbuds or earphones should only be used with amplified apps or device?  

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #19,248 of 75,756
I really like Edifier P190 (from look perspective) but 1st thing is that it is also only having impedence of 32 Ohms only and 2nd is that I heard that it has no bass at all and not a good sound signature at all. Not sure why company put "Experience Powerful Bass" on their site for this product. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #19,249 of 75,756

PowerAmp the App. As I am using PowerAmp to listen to the music, I am feeling that may be the reason why my two earbuds are broken. I wanted to check with you guys as you know much much more and better than me if high impedence earbuds or earphones should only be used with amplified apps or device?  

http://powerampapp.com/

Power amp is an app... Music Player. It wont magically amplify your music more than your current device can supply. You will need a proper amp to do that, it wont ruin your earbuds. Unless your listening at very high levels with your iphone 7G.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #19,251 of 75,756

http://powerampapp.com/

Power amp is an app... Music Player. It wont magically amplify your music more than your current device can supply. You will need a proper amp to do that, it wont ruin your earbuds. Unless your listening at very high levels with your iphone 7G.

I don't listen to really high levels but it is around 60-65% volume as NY Subways are very noisy and u cannot listen to anything at low volume. But I still feel that PowerAmp might be the reason why earbuds are broken. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #19,252 of 75,756
  higher impedance doesn't mean higher quality: shozy stardust is 16 ohms.

There is a belief that some digital amplifers do some kind of magic. That is one of the foundations of Head-Fi so I won't argue with that. But it is a very rare individual that can tell the difference among properly designed amps/DACS. The sound is digital - there should be no coloring.

People invest in expensive amplfiers, and want to use them! Using them with a low Ohm or easy to drive earbud is no fun, so there's a market for higher Ohm, less sensitive earbuds. A high Ohm earbud needs proper amping to get the most out of it. So many higher end, high Ohm earbuds need lots of clean power to really sing. 
Compare a $30 Sansa Clip+ (a decent DAP) powered by a decent headphone amp, and compare that to a $1000+ gear. Good luck telling the difference in a properly controlled blind test using sub $100 earbuds. But objectivity take s the fun out of it anyway.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #19,253 of 75,756
  I don't listen to really high levels but it is around 60-65% volume as NY Subways are very noisy and u cannot listen to anything at low volume. But I still feel that PowerAmp might be the reason why earbuds are broken. 

Poweramp wont break your earbuds, its a music player app. Its like listening any other way to music, portable cd player, mp3 player etc. Your phone is the source/player. So unless they have been mistreated Poweramp wont wreck them.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #19,255 of 75,756

Poweramp wont break your earbuds, its a music player app. Its like listening any other way to music, portable cd player, mp3 player etc. Your phone is the source/player. So unless they have been mistreated Poweramp wont wreck them.

Using any earbuds on a subway? IEM's and headphones are much better suited for noisy environments. It's ridiculous to use earbuds unless a person doesn't value their hearing, since they have to be cranked up so high.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #19,256 of 75,756

Did no mistreated them at all. All of a sudden SHE3800 broke down. It still works if the volume is considerably low but as soon as it hits 50%, sound cracks and I listen that noise. One thing I noticed that Sound is really bass boosted and thumping bass in PowerAmp, do you know how that comes and if I want that kind of sound effect in iPad, what needs to to? I used Rockbox but it was not good so reverted back to Apple firmware.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #19,257 of 75,756
Qian25 mids and highs are very very good for the price. Way above the price I belive. But bass is quite tubby. at least the relax presentation of qian give it a redeeming qualities. I hope burn in or foam rolling can fix something. The bass reminds me of my first she3800. The lower mid is quite thick. Maybe thicker for my taste. but we'll see..

Also, it's quite V with slight forward mid. Dynamic and depth are just ok. much like 39

Oh and the L connector is quite bad. Need reterminate ASAP.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #19,258 of 75,756
  Did no mistreated them at all. All of a sudden SHE3800 broke down. It still works if the volume is considerably low but as soon as it hits 50%, sound cracks and I listen that noise. One thing I noticed that Sound is really bass boosted and thumping bass in PowerAmp, do you know how that comes and if I want that kind of sound effect in iPad, what needs to to? I used Rockbox but it was not good so reverted back to Apple firmware.

I afraid that the problem comes from diaphragm hits the front plastic cover. Perhaps you need to change the front plastic cover that provides more space so that diaphragm can freely move. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back