Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 28, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #23,311 of 75,757
I received clear ones last week - as i intended to convert either the black or transparent pair with a balanced jack. If you noticed most orders were for black - thus there was no direct comparison between the two.
I too assumed they'd be exactly the same - however if i had to keep one i'd opt for clear. I'm switching between the two now....and there's a noticeable improvement in resolution/sound-stage/sparkle & "air" in the clear version.
The cable also feels of better quality softer feel and less tangly.....maybe sometimes it pays to try the alternative version. Logic would say that the metal grille of the black version is better - whereas the clear versions white plastic grille seems cheap & off-putting - like an apple bud. The proof is in the sound signature - the black just sound a bit muffled to me (hence i'll convert those to balanced) & the clear are fine in tact with SE output....hope that helps! :)
No it doesn't help at all. You've just made life more complicated for me. Now I'll have to order the clear ones I guess, but maybe I'll wonder whether you were actually right once I get them and then I'll have to order the black ones too and compare them myself. :rage:

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #23,312 of 75,757
Svara-L earbuds have arrived:
IMG_20170928_221738[1].jpg

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #23,314 of 75,757
No it doesn't help at all. You've just made life more complicated for me. Now I'll have to order the clear ones I guess, but maybe I'll wonder whether you were actually right once I get them and then I'll have to order the black ones too and compare them myself. :rage:
Sorry dude! lol - however in hindsight I certainly wish someone had reviewed both versions before I bought them!!.....After hearing the clear, I stopped listening to black...maybe i'll sell them or convert them not decided yet....

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #23,318 of 75,757
I received clear ones last week - as i intended to convert either the black or transparent pair with a balanced jack. If you noticed most orders were for black - thus there was no direct comparison between the two.
I too assumed they'd be exactly the same - however if i had to keep one i'd opt for clear. I'm switching between the two now....and there's a noticeable improvement in resolution/sound-stage/sparkle & "air" in the clear version.
The cable also feels of better quality softer feel and less tangly.....maybe sometimes it pays to try the alternative version. Logic would say that the metal grille of the black version is better - whereas the clear versions white plastic grille seems cheap & off-putting - like an apple bud. The proof is in the sound signature - the black just sound a bit muffled to me (hence i'll convert those to balanced) & the clear are fine in tact with SE output....hope that helps! :)

I have the 2017 New NICEHCK DIY Graphene MX760 which is black, all plastic it does not have a metal grille

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #23,320 of 75,757
I have the 2017 New NICEHCK DIY Graphene MX760 which is black, all plastic it does not have a metal grille
I'm guessing the grille is the only difference between the versions and if your black version has the same grille as the clear version it should sound the same.

It's still weird to have two different variations of grille though...

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #23,321 of 75,757
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #23,322 of 75,757
Maybe that is why I posted some of the early praise for the graphene bud. I definitely purchased clear, because I figured the casing does have an effect on the sound of the bud. Given that this earbud is known for being adequately bassy, I opted for the pretty clear shells for a more balanced sound.

But even then, this is one of the only earbuds where a midrange EQ boost is appreciated, along with my usual bass EQ. I'm definitely loving this earbud with the slightly warm/smooth cayin n3 to round out this earbuds v shape. My main complaints about this bud vs k's 300 pro (another good bud) would simply be the imaging, or separation in complicated parts of music (attack definitely goes to graphenes). Everything else like comfort, looks, and overall sound is there for graphenes.

Also, I'm finding that the graphenes are probably the only earbuds where I actually like the cheap full foams, even over a monk foam. The monk foams are slightly more detailed for sure, but the bass difference is pretty dramatic between the two foams. If only monk foams werent so fragile and expensive for the amount of foams you get. I'm wondering if hiegi full foams would be my preferred foam for graphenes

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #23,323 of 75,757
Maybe that is why I posted some of the early praise for the graphene bud. I definitely purchased clear, because I figured the casing does have an effect on the sound of the bud. Given that this earbud is known for being adequately bassy, I opted for the pretty clear shells for a more balanced sound.

But even then, this is one of the only earbuds where a midrange EQ boost is appreciated, along with my usual bass EQ. I'm definitely loving this earbud with the warm/smooth cayin n3 to round out this earbuds v shape.
Are they very v-shaped?

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #23,325 of 75,757

I have those as well. This is the link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...High-End-Rare-Earth-Graphene/32821104494.html

But, mine (as well as the ones in the above link) have the metal grilles.

I'm not yet quite buying into the "clear graphines with plastic grille sound better than the black graphines with metal grille", but who knows. All I really know is that my black ones (with metal grille) sound excellent. So if the clear ones sound better, then you with the clear graphines are doing all right!

edit: but it is strange that they have different grilles, so yeah, maybe they do sound different.

I use the donut foams on my graphenes

Me too. Really like them on the graphenes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back