Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 24, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #68,866 of 75,733
Mar 24, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #68,867 of 75,733
If you're looking for a bud that is going to be truly special for your preferred works and beyond what the FF3s can do I would skip the FF5s and look to higher end buds like the Chaconnes, the DQSM Turandot, and possibly some others. The FF5s are a good pair of buds, but there are buds that do what the FF5s do, but better. I am currently unaware of any buds that can do what the FF3s do, let alone do it better.

Depending on the piece the FF5s might offer you a different presentation that you find more enjoyable or potentially clearer given their greater treble extension and lower levels of bass, but these differences will be comparatively small and some may not be improvements at all depending on your preferences. Thus, IMO, it just makes sense to invest in a true/bigger step up in performance both timbral/tonal and technical. Something like the Chaconnes, Turandots, etc certainly offers that.
I have similar preferences and want to get a TOTL earbud.
Are there any TOTL earbuds that are great for “small outer ears/concha area” (canal as well but matters less for earbuds)?
By preference with detachable cable!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #68,869 of 75,733
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #68,870 of 75,733
My wallet was breathing a sigh of relief earlier when I couldn’t find them, but no more. Thanks!

Never mind - neither shop will ship to my address. The search continues…

Same here. Neither store will ship to the US. Taobao it is then...

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #68,871 of 75,733
My wallet was breathing a sigh of relief earlier when I couldn’t find them, but no more. Thanks!

Never mind - neither shop will ship to my address. The search continues…
Same here. Neither store will ship to the US. Taobao it is then...
That's so weird. The product page shows it ships to the US, but the cart shows not shipping to the US. Oh, well.

Edit: Refreshed the product page again and now it shows "This product cannot be shipped to your address" message.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #68,872 of 75,733
That's so weird. The product page shows it ships to the US, but the cart shows not shipping to the US. Oh, well.

No worries. Thanks for trying for us anyways, bro! 👍😎

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #68,873 of 75,733
No worries. Thanks for trying for us anyways, bro! 👍😎
Search tip... use google and search "site:aliexpress.com XYZ earbuds" you'll get hits that you won't find on AE. That "site:website parameter" helps find stuff in google search.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #68,874 of 75,733
Search tip... use google and search "site:aliexpress.com XYZ earbuds" you'll get hits that you won't find on AE. That "site:website parameter" helps find stuff in google search.

The funny thing is that I do that for head-fi, reddit, and other forum searches all the time. Why it never occured to me to do the same for AE, I'll never know...🤦‍♂️ Thanks for the heads up though. 👍

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #68,875 of 75,733
I have similar preferences and want to get a TOTL earbud.
Are there any TOTL earbuds that are great for “small outer ears/concha area” (canal as well but matters less for earbuds)?
By preference with detachable cable!
If you want something similar that is both TOTL and has removable cable, the Yincrow RW3000 might do the trick for you. I have small-medium outer ears, and the Yincrows feel smaller in my ear than others I have tried (even though the driver size is the same as most others out there). And the stock cable that comes with them is one of the best I have seen on an earbud (IMHO).

Mar 24, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #68,876 of 75,733
If you want something similar that is both TOTL and has removable cable, the Yincrow RW3000 might do the trick for you. I have small-medium outer ears, and the Yincrows feel smaller in my ear than others I have tried (even though the driver size is the same as most others out there). And the stock cable that comes with them is one of the best I have seen on an earbud (IMHO).
Thank you!
I’ll take a look at it!

It’s this one you refer to I take or are there different versions with different cables?
I doubt listing as it says original price over 600 EUR…

https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003535186948.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

Mar 24, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #68,877 of 75,733
The FF5 is a great set. Like a Yincrow X6 with more controlled bass and better treble. The community has reached the consensus that the FF3 is a must-have pairing with the FF5 so I’ve been on the hunt for a good deal on a set. Today the AliX sale + “coins” + a $10 coupon = $59USD. Swell deal! They’re on the way. I got the black ones to match the FF5.

Mar 24, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #68,878 of 75,733
Thank you!
I’ll take a look at it!

It’s this one you refer to I take or are there different versions with different cables?

AE always seem to pump up the original price but the US price is showing discount price of $218, which is very good for the RW-3000. I think you may be able to get additional discount with the AE anniversary sale promo codes at the top of the product page. Be sure to try those codes to max out your discount. I also have the RW-3000 and they are TOTL, comfortable and sound great.

EDIT:
Surprising size comparison... measurements without foams.

Yuin PK is 16.09mm Dia. and RW-3000 is 16.83mm Dia.
Most common shell is MX500, it is 16.82mm Dia.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #68,879 of 75,733
Thank you!
I’ll take a look at it!

I don't recognize that store, but it might be fine.

I would get them from here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803348380695.html?algo_exp_id=861885dc-13ef-4f96-b6f5-a28f4f42b68d-2&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000026205784651"}

Or here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...8d-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000026207509385"}

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #68,880 of 75,733
I love that AE is having an anniversay sale with decent discounts right now... I hate that I had to pay my property taxes. Well, I couldn't help myself and just bought the Temperament DB1 which is supposed to have better sound then the DB1E version. This will be my first set of buds that uses a 2 pin connection. I looked at a couple different AE stores and ended up getting them from the NiceHCK Audio Store. I don't think anyone else here picked them up yet, so we'll see how they are when they arrive.

Temperament DB1 - 2 pin, full titanium shell
1679715233020.png

EDIT:
Here's little more information on the K's earphone Temperament DB1 and DB1E.

@fogside did an excellent head-fi review of the DB1E.

Hifigo has a blog entry with information about the the DB1.

Key take aways from the blog (reads like some marketing thrown in):
DB1 is the higher-end model of the series that adopts a low-impedance(30Ω) and high-sensitivity architecture while the DB1E is the more pocket-friendly version that adopts a high-sensitivity and medium-impedance range(80Ω). DB1 has got a titanium alloy front casing on the cavity while the DB1E adopts an Aluminum cover on the front cavity. On the rear side, both pairs adopt Titanium alloy material covers. Both the pairs are professionally tuned for a rich and soothing sound signature that brings life to most genres out there!!

Temperament DB1 series of earbuds feature a professionally designed Titanium Alloy acoustic cavity structure. They are different from other flat-head earbuds, providing better control over the sound reflections inside the cavity allowing the pair to achieve a thunderous lower-end response. The bass punch with the DB1 Series is said to be exceptional and powerful. This is a patented design for Temperament and is only featured in the DB1 series of premium earbuds!!

DB1 Series features a large 15.4mm dynamic driver unit. This driver adopts a diamond-cut suspended diaphragm coil and a powerful internal magnetic circuit. The pair achieves a crisp high-end sound performance with a powerful lower end, transparent midrange, and smooth, detailed treble region. Pretty sure it’s gonna complement different genres of music well with its impressive sound tuning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back