Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 9, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #64,531 of 75,618
Even if you have to buy a few shells for white mice. You’ll learn a lot that way—especially if you graph the changes and do things systematically

Are you reading my mind or what :dt880smile: I’m going to do the same thing. There are a couple of useful tutorials on audioreviews.org that teach the effects of different vents and dampening, which I can easily verify with a roll of micropore tape, so learning was quick and painless. I haven’t found such tutorials on buds, so I wanted to experiment and make one.

Didn't realize that Japan's best-selling cable maker Nobunaga Labs had released an earbud in July.

FW-BvgXVUAAy5XC

FXnQ-7TaQAAV_Sr

FcLfRMyaMAItof0

The design seems pretty original...?
Beautiful cable! I never imagine a cable can lie down like that

Sep 9, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #64,532 of 75,618
I'm really having very little time lately, although reading and reading this thread is something that I always do and that I like.
@JAnonymous5150 I am pretty sure that the beauty can be applied to me the same way as to the back of a kitchen fridge LOL

Although I hardly have time for anything, it is true that a few weeks ago I made a bud that I am especially proud of, it is a 600 Ohm Bery that enters directly into my headphone stable as number one, of course keep in mind that my tastes are strange , like me!!!!!!

1662710955655.jpg

Coincidentally or not, it seems, I find my personal Olympus with these three, and they're all high-impedance. As @WoodyLuvr says these are my god tier:

1662711009118.jpg

I just wish no one feels sad that the issue is not related to FF3..... LOL!!!!!!!!
Your top buds are so pretty.

*noting down about putting gems in the dummy socket on the shells

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #64,533 of 75,618
COMING SOON - Nobunaga Labs 鶯 <<Uguisu>> Nightingale; ??Ω (mmcx)

The Uguisu has not been released yet. They are still just exhibiting and previewing it... probably still at a pre-production R&D stage perhaps. Here is a post from Nobunaga today about it.

1662708964831.png
https://twitter.com/NOBUNAGA__Labs
Potafes is 2.5 hours away by bullet train, with an $80 ticket one way..... It would be pretty fun to go, but I don't think I will make it.

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #64,534 of 75,618
FF3's were released today in Japan.
I didn't mean to buy them, just went to see what they were like...
I really didn't mean to buy them.

...yeah I bought them.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #64,536 of 75,618
better bass than berserker?
They both check my box for bass.

I'm slow to form opinions, so hard to say more without listening a while bunch more.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #64,537 of 75,618
Im very new with earbud. I had Yuin PK2 from 12-13 years ago and thats the last good earbud I have.

What are currently considered as totl earbuds at the moment? For tonality, I prefer neutral warm. Would love to get good details, full body mids and decent bass.

I will mainly use it on bed before sleeping. Earbud will be ideal because I can hear if my toddler daughter calls me from next room.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #64,538 of 75,618
Im very new with earbud. I had Yuin PK2 from 12-13 years ago and thats the last good earbud I have.

What are currently considered as totl earbuds at the moment? For tonality, I prefer neutral warm. Would love to get good details, full body mids and decent bass.

I will mainly use it on bed before sleeping. Earbud will be ideal because I can hear if my toddler daughter calls me from next room.
yinman 2.0 600 ohms bro

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #64,540 of 75,618

I'm slow to form opinions, so hard to say more without listening a while bunch more.
thanks friend.. would like to hear more the these two bass comparison.
Thanks. What do you like about it?

It has everything that you listed. Yinman fit and tonality is comfortable and fatigue free, you could listen to it for hours. Treble is smooth, and not in anywhere dark or less extended.

Very deep slow bass for slow tempo song, extremely emotional to listen to.
However, On high tempo song like Pop or EDM, the bass would be too much for me, and this is the only gripe I have with it.

Also it is 600 ohms, so you need at least a powerful dongle with it.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #64,541 of 75,618

If you'd like something that's easier to drive than they Yinman 600s @syazwaned recommended, I would look at the Venture Electronics Asura 3.0, the Yincrow RW2000, or even the Shozy BK. All three are top performing buds the Asura 3.0 and RW2000 are warmer than the Shozy BK. The Asura 3.0 is the most mid focused and warmest (I hear the VE Zen 2.0 is even warmer). The RW2000 is pretty well rounded through the spectrum while still being warm and largely mid forward/focused. The Shozy BKs are the least warm and have the best extension on either end of the spectrum, IMO, while maintaining the sweet mids that you mention you're looking for.

Personally, I find the RW2000s and BKs to be totally comfortable and to be good for listening to many genres. The Asura 3.0s gave me some fit issues, but when I got the fit right they sound very nice with acoustic, jazz, and vocal based genres in specific. So if you're looking for one do-it-all earbud I think RW2000s or BKs would be the best, but if your listening conforms mostly to what the Asura 3.0s are best at, they can bea great listen as well.

Sep 9, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #64,542 of 75,618

Judging by the graphs I’ve made, I’d say to give them 2 weeks with one set of foams and an hour a day of listening time. Then change foams if you don’t like them and repeat.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #64,543 of 75,618
Thank you @JAnonymous5150 for great summary of those earbuds!

Thanks @syazwaned That sounds like something I would enjoy

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #64,545 of 75,618
Audiophile hobby and drama/controversy seems destined to be together. thankfully I have never seen in this forum, but in reddit, facebook groups and discord, I have seen a non stop arguing and bickering for something dumb.

To the point that I afraid of asking newbies audiophile questions in fear of backlash. Luckily this forum we have number of audiophile expert that willing to share their thoughts without sounding judgemental. I do appreciate that
I've always love the decency in this thread that many of us can "agree to disagree" on many things audiophile but the common understanding is "earbuds rock!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back