Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #64,681 of 75,618
I own both and if the EMA uses the same driver as the FF3 then the folks at TRN should close down their earbud production and stick to cables! The EMA is a neat budget offering, but if the driver in it is capable of sounding similar to the FF3 then TRN is incompetent on an incomprehensible level! 😂

You mistaken EMA for EMX. EMX released last week and uses Bery driver, EMA uses classic PET driver.

Sep 12, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #64,682 of 75,618
Actually the impedance is just one part of the equation. The sensitivity is also very important (if not more important) when it comes to driving a transducer properly.

I use this calculator sometimes to see if a source can adequately drive something: https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/
:point_up_2:This as well as acoustic damping. So impedance, sensitivity, and any/all acoustic damping (damping materials used to tune the driver to include shell size, type, material, and vents/ports)

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #64,683 of 75,618
What kind of source is necessary to drive a pair of 500 ohm buds properly? I think even VE Megatron only aims at 300ohm.
They can do okay with a 1V dongle, but better with 2. I have to crank mine all the way up to get subjectively loud. This driver has a lot of potential. I may just tune it closer to my curve tonight. This is fun though so maybe I should just leave it for the sake of variety. This driver has soundstage, separation and composure for days. I ordered the 600, but this one is really is a TOTL driver. We’ll just have to see about that 600. It’s not hard to hear why that room preference curve has so much bass.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #64,684 of 75,618
@WoodyLuvr has it on his timeline
Thanks for all the info! Do you have a review up on head-fi that talks about the fox spirit stuff? If you do I've read it and if not that's a crazy coincidence.

I like detail and technicalities as much as the next guy, but timbral accuracy and smooth cohesive tuning is much harder to come by and in bud and IEMs I'm buying for casual listening purposes at lower prices I'll trade the technicalities for a good tuning/timbral performance and satisfying listen every time!
Heck with that! I want it all in one.... :)
What kind of source is necessary to drive a pair of 500 ohm buds properly? I think even VE Megatron only aims at 300ohm.
Assuming it is very inefficient (we'll say 91dB/mW for this example) what you would need to drive them to 110dBSPL is:

• 80mW
  • 6.32Vrms
  • 12.6mA
But if it is fairly efficient (110dB/mW) then you would need:

• 1mW
  • .71Vrms
  • 1.4mA

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #64,686 of 75,618
You mistaken EMA for EMX. EMX released last week and uses Bery driver, EMA uses classic PET driver.

I'm not the one who mistook anything. That's why I have been saying that the EMA, which I own, doesn't have the same driver as the FF3, which I also own lol!😂

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #64,687 of 75,618

Routine: practice, compare to recording of Perlman, cry, repeat :dt880smile:

What buds do you use today, folks?

My posts about PK shells and the Dragon 3s have me listening to them as I have been getting ready to head out this morning. I have them plugged in to the Cayin N8ii and the sound/pairing is very, very nice! 👍

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #64,688 of 75,618
Hey guys, I know this isn't the best place to ask, but seeing as how you guys are my bffs on here I figured you'd be the most likely to forgive the off topic question and help/answer. How do I put something in my signature behind a spoiler wall? I'm pretty new to this whole forum thing so don't make fun of me too hard...

I like having my gear in my signature, but I dislike how long it's getting and I'm sure it's annoying for those who couldn't care less about my stuff lol!

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #64,690 of 75,618
Hey guys, I know this isn't the best place to ask, but seeing as how you guys are my bffs on here I figured you'd be the most likely to forgive the off topic question and help/answer. How do I put something in my signature behind a spoiler wall? I'm pretty new to this whole forum thing so don't make fun of me too hard...

I like having my gear in my signature, but I dislike how long it's getting and I'm sure it's annoying for those who couldn't care less about my stuff lol!
You can either use the "spoiler" button at the top, or you can use BBCode which would look like this

Code:
[spoiler=title on the spoiler]
Message you want hidden.
[/spoiler]

Here is what that looks like live:

Message you want hidden.

Or uyou can just copy the code I typed and replace the text you want. :)

Edit: I like to put pictures behind spoilers, because some people here still have slow internet, and it pretty much crashes them, so instead of putting text for the message (or in addition to), you can put a picture there... :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #64,691 of 75,618
Hi,
i am a Yuin PK 2 user. Currently i am pairing it with Sony Walkman A55 as DAC for computer music listening.
I was missing out Earbuds fashion for many years as TWS is my highest interest. As you can noticed i am still with PK 2.
I had spent on quite a few cheap earphones that didn't satisfy me after my PK 2 was damaged for many years. I got it recabled with Moondrop cable only 2 years ago.

These days, i got more time to sit in front of computer to discipline myself to work more profession. I got this pair of ATH AD700 opened can but i am not feeling comfortable for over an hour. It hurts my ears. Now i am looking for any earbuds is possibly to reach a Headphone soundstage as close as possible. I know there's impossible to reach to bass quality in small earbuds.
After two weeks of studies, i came across a few models such as Yincrow Calf, Yincrow RW-2000, Toneking To400s or others similar price point as option are welcomed recommendation.
NiceHCK ebx21 & BGVP DX6 are not really popular here but they are very welcomed in Taiwan/China areas. I like those quality build just my taste of music are towards Western side more heavily : Deftones, Twilight Singers, Explosions in the sky, NIN, Ministry, Nailbomb, Underworld, Fourtet, Tricky, Bjork, Mark Lanegan, Tindersticks, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith and any types of Grunge rock.

Hopefully there's all-rounded earbuds with even solid bass, better soundstage and imaging.
I am very much enjoying PK 2 sound signature. I not sure is it called Warm sound.
Most of my time i am into Bright sound. i was started this audiophile hobby with a Grado SR60.

Hope its not too much to ask for a favor here.
Thanks guys~

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #64,692 of 75,618
Hi,
i am a Yuin PK 2 user. Currently i am pairing it with Sony Walkman A55 as DAC for computer music listening.
I was missing out Earbuds fashion for many years as TWS is my highest interest. As you can noticed i am still with PK 2.
I had spent on quite a few cheap earphones that didn't satisfy me after my PK 2 was damaged for many years. I got it recabled with Moondrop cable only 2 years ago.

These days, i got more time to sit in front of computer to discipline myself to work more profession. I got this pair of ATH AD700 opened can but i am not feeling comfortable for over an hour. It hurts my ears. Now i am looking for any earbuds is possibly to reach a Headphone soundstage as close as possible. I know there's impossible to reach to bass quality in small earbuds.
After two weeks of studies, i came across a few models such as Yincrow Calf, Yincrow RW-2000, Toneking To400s or others similar price point as option are welcomed recommendation.
NiceHCK ebx21 & BGVP DX6 are not really popular here but they are very welcomed in Taiwan/China areas. I like those quality build just my taste of music are towards Western side more heavily : Deftones, Twilight Singers, Explosions in the sky, NIN, Ministry, Nailbomb, Underworld, Fourtet, Tricky, Bjork, Mark Lanegan, Tindersticks, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith and any types of Grunge rock.

Hopefully there's all-rounded earbuds with even solid bass, better soundstage and imaging.
I am very much enjoying PK 2 sound signature. I not sure is it called Warm sound.
Most of my time i am into Bright sound. i was started this audiophile hobby with a Grado SR60.

Thanks guys~
I recommend either FiiO FF3, Yincrow RW2000, or Yincrow RW3000 (for a bit more money). They are all great for the type of music you want. The FF3 has the best staging of all of those though. The RW3000 is the brightest of all of them (but still rounded). The RW2000 are a great all-rounder with nothing too far boosted or recessed.

I can't speak to the Calf, as I don't have them, nor have I read on here about anyone having them yet.

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #64,693 of 75,618
You can either use the "spoiler" button at the top, or you can use BBCode which would look like this

Code:
[spoiler=title on the spoiler]
Message you want hidden.
[/spoiler]

Here is what that looks like live:

Message you want hidden.

Or uyou can just copy the code I typed and replace the text you want. :)

Edit: I like to put pictures behind spoilers, because some people here still have slow internet, and it pretty much crashes them, so instead of putting text for the message (or in addition to), you can put a picture there... :wink:

You, my friend, are the best! Nailed it! Took me all of 30 seconds. I have no idea what the spoiler button is, but copy and paste I can do lol! 😂

You have to remember that I am technologically umm...special. If you know what I mean.

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #64,694 of 75,618
Hi,

Thanks guys~

As @samandhi recommended, the Fiio FF3s sounds like they would be absolutely spectacular for your musical preferences. The FF3s have the low end power, the larger soundstage, and a huge presentation that should be awesome for that stuff.

The two other buds that I own that seem like possible matches would be the Ucotech ES-P1s and the Simphonio Dragon 3s. I think the Dragon 3s might be a little too polite for some of your preferences though they do have a soundstage that is very over ear like. The ES-P1s sound a lot like a good over ear as well and they have a good low end as well, but I think the FF3s would be better for musical acts similar to the ones you mentioned.

I hope this helps!

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #64,695 of 75,618
You, my friend, are the best! Nailed it! Took me all of 30 seconds. I have no idea what the spoiler button is, but copy and paste I can do lol! 😂

You have to remember that I am technologically umm...special. If you know what I mean.
It's all good bro, we gotcha'. :)

To make it easier, and you don't have to actually type it the long way, the button allows you to do the same thing that I typed, but just by clicking a button, and filling in the text you want show as the title. Then you simply need to type your message, or insert the picture. There is also a "preview" button at the top right to check to make sure it works right.

Here is a picture of the spoiler button:

HeadFiReplyBox.jpg

HeadFiReplyBox2.PNG

Attachments

• HeadFiReplyBox.PNG
    HeadFiReplyBox.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back