Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 21, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #66,181 of 75,613
I think you posted the "review" incorrectly. Your review is actually in the "info" page of the product. You should click on the button "add a review" and write your review there, so that I can like your review. You can have a look at how I create a page for YD30 as an example: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-yd30.26062/

On the other hand, that db1e sounds very interesting.
Thank you.my bad :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ksearphone-temperament-db1e.26123/reviews#review-29422
Correctly review

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #66,182 of 75,613
Can you share some impressions of Asura? I'm pretty impressed by the VE Master, so I wonder how VE top-tier products sound.
I'm not good at describing audio but for me Asura 3.0 FE is very inoffensive I think. It doesn't do anything badly. There are no bad peak no sibilance.

I love vocal music, the asura 3.0 FE don't have overemphasized vocals but everything just right.

I'm keeping it right now for those reasons. It's quite a unique earbuds. Maybe it won't wow people though.

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #66,183 of 75,613
i like using full TWS for daily use, and mostly for general media like youtube and such. for purely listening to music on the go, i prefer using IEMs or mmcx earbuds with BT earhooks, but they are much bulkier. the Air3 appeal to me is because of the really small size, comfort, while also provide good enough sound quality for my casual use
This is why I jumped on the Linkbuds when they came out. If you are an earbuds lover but wanted to dabble a bit in TWS, these (I would still argue) are marvelous. Are they the best of anything? Probably not, but they have just have so much going for them, that I truly (still) enjoy them. Plus, all that neat tech thrown into the mix is a bonus IMO.

I suspect they weren't as popular as they COULD have been solely because of fitment, and maybe even lack of isolation/noise cancelling at all. Most of the "TWS" crowd all want noise cancelling or noise isolation at the least nowadays. They introduced these true earbuds on a battery to a niche crowd, with a very niche product.

Shame really that they didn't get even more love than they DID get. Having said that, it seems to me they were VERY polarizing; people either hated them or loved them, not too many "mehs".

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #66,184 of 75,613
I have 2 side firing earbuds: Google and Apple buds. I prefer both of them with foams not only due to bass/treble balance, but also for comfort, fit and stability. Of course I wouldn’t consider either of these buds as to be better than ‘minimally competent’. Their soundstage is probably the worst of any bud I have and they have little bass response naked. That said, I bet if you put them in a front firing shell, all semblance of competence would be lost.

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #66,185 of 75,613
Last attempt to sell haha.. anyone in US want a Qlabs Magnus Fath for $40 shipped? :)

20221003_091026.jpg

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #66,186 of 75,613
This is why I jumped on the Linkbuds when they came out. If you are an earbuds lover but wanted to dabble a bit in TWS, these (I would still argue) are marvelous. Are they the best of anything? Probably not, but they have just have so much going for them, that I truly (still) enjoy them. Plus, all that neat tech thrown into the mix is a bonus IMO.

I suspect they weren't as popular as they COULD have been solely because of fitment, and maybe even lack of isolation/noise cancelling at all. Most of the "TWS" crowd all want noise cancelling or noise isolation at the least nowadays. They introduced these true earbuds on a battery to a niche crowd, with a very niche product.

Shame really that they didn't get even more love than they DID get. Having said that, it seems to me they were VERY polarizing; people either hated them or loved them, not too many "mehs".

the Linkbuds is indeed tempting, but i always holding back from buying it because i have too many TWS as it is at the moment... it's a chore just to keep charging the batteries:sweat_smile:

the soundpeats is cheap enough that made me do an impulse buy, and it is surprisingly a good one.

other earbuds type TWS that i really like is the Huawei Freebuds 4. the sound is really good and the ANC is impressive for an open earbuds type. the only crippling drawback for me is the really short battery life... if they can improve it to today’s standards of above 5-6 hours minimal, i would definitely get one

Oct 22, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #66,187 of 75,613
I have 2 side firing earbuds: Google and Apple buds. I prefer both of them with foams not only due to bass/treble balance, but also for comfort, fit and stability. Of course I wouldn’t consider either of these buds as to be better than ‘minimally competent’. Their soundstage is probably the worst of any bud I have and they have little bass response naked. That said, I bet if you put them in a front firing shell, all semblance of competence would be lost.
I just use full foam on them and call it a day. They don't really sounds right.

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #66,189 of 75,613
Faaeal Rosemary do sounds very good. For around 10 USD much more satisfying than other earbuds. Should have bought them earlier rather than buying random budget earbuds that I don't listen to much anyway.
I was looking into those recently. The ones available to me are around $20. Do you think it is still worth it? I have tried the Iris CE and Iris 2.0 and wasn't too impressed. Though, I am interested in the fact that they are 150 Ohms.

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #66,190 of 75,613
I was looking into those recently. The ones available to me are around $20. Do you think it is still worth it? I have tried the Iris CE and Iris 2.0 and wasn't too impressed. Though, I am interested in the fact that they are 150 Ohms.

Mine around 12 USD because I opt for 4.4 version.

I haven't tried those iris but this is better than iris ancestors in my opinion. I think it's better than K64 too. Not sure how the price for other earbuds for you.
But for me it's worth it if you prefer there sound signature.

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #66,191 of 75,613
Faaeal Rosemary do sounds very good. For around 10 USD much more satisfying than other earbuds. Should have bought them earlier rather than buying random budget earbuds that I don't listen to much anyway.

Rosemary is a good earbud for the price and is quite warm but it gets more balanced when amp'ed and using thin foams, both of which improves clarity.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #66,195 of 75,613
Wow! You got the Rosemary for $10! That’s really a great deal. If there’s still a link I wouldn’t mind if you shared :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back