Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 24, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #71,341 of 75,540
Hi, I already have the Zen 2.0s which have a very warm sound, the Yinman 600 are a step up in quality, is it worth buying them?

Thank you.
Well, I have never heard the Zen, but if it means anything, the Yinman 2.0 600 is worth the cost, whether comparing to other buds or not (also assuming you have enough power to drive them to your liking). But as usual YMMV.

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #71,342 of 75,540
Well, I have never heard the Zen, but if it means anything, the Yinman 2.0 600 is worth the cost, whether comparing to other buds or not (also assuming you have enough power to drive them to your liking). But as usual YMMV.
Especially right now - I bought a second pair of the Yinman on AliExpress for $84.40 yesterday. Lots of good coupons and sales right now.

My own personal opinion - I really like the Zen 3.0, but the weight of the cable made it difficult to keep the buds in my ears. The Yinman are very light, weight-wise, and stay put perfectly. The Yinman also edges out the Zen 3.0 sound-wise for me thanks to the increased bass.

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #71,343 of 75,540
The FiiO FF1 uses a proprietary (round) 2 pin connection, thus not all 3rd party cables will fit. The FF3S will have the same and follow that (crappy) business model. I own the UTWS3 and that round connector looks pretty with a blue and red end, but not all IEM's will fit.
This crap really ticks me off ... as if we had not enough 2 pin variations already.
I am in a minority, but I prefer MMCX. If its of decent quality that is. So far I had not a single issue.

Oh well
I’m of two minds with proprietary connectors at this point.

I’ve experienced a wide mix of proprietary plugs, proprietary modifications of common plugs (twist-lock mechanisms, recessed inputs) and unrestricted plugs. At this point, I don’t want to branch out anymore. I know I’m locking myself out from a big swath of models out there, but I also see this as an arbitrary but effective way to manage spending. And storage space.

On the other hand…I openly admit I’m an Etymotic fan. I put a lot of emphasis on the isolation they provide, enough that I bought the EVO with its T2 connector. If or when my Etys break down, and they have yet another plugging system…I might just end up getting that.

I feel that future models in question will need to provide something that suits my wants and needs so perfectly that I’d be willing to bite the bullet on proprietary bits. If etymotic keeps prioritizing passive isolation, I’ll keep looking that way since I value that more than sound signature at this point.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #71,344 of 75,540
The FiiO FF1 uses a proprietary (round) 2 pin connection, thus not all 3rd party cables will fit. The FF3S will have the same and follow that (crappy) business model. I own the UTWS3 and that round connector looks pretty with a blue and red end, but not all IEM's will fit.
This crap really ticks me off ... as if we had not enough 2 pin variations already.
I am in a minority, but I prefer MMCX. If its of decent quality that is. So far I had not a single issue.

Oh well
I know how you feel, but I don't let it bother me anymore. I've had Sony DAPs for quite a while now and they always used the Sony WMPort until Sony recently switched to USB C. People would flat out say they would never buy a Sony DAP because of that old proprietary port / cable. Apple routinely switches cable / connector types on their phones, tablets and laptops. They also removed the 3.5mm audio jack from their phones (though they weren't the first) and other cell phone makers followed suit. How many people were (still are) pissed about that?

In a previous post I jokingly said that FiiO's new connector may become an industry standard. Well it may not, but where there is a problem, there is also a business opportunity. If FiiO continues with the same connector / cable on their other headgear, then companies that manufacture HP, IEM detachable cables could very well capitalize and start supplying cables with the FiiO oval 2 pin connectors to fill the needs of folks that don't like the supplied cables from FiiO.

Most of my IEMs and earbuds that have detachable cables use MMCX. I only have a couple sets that use 2 pin. I like MMCX for the aesthetics and ease of rotating the cable if needed for a better fit. You can't rotate a 2 pin cable. Other people complain about the various 2 pin cables with shoulders or are recessed which don't fit their headgear and so on.

I agree with your last sentence... Oh well, it is what it is.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #71,345 of 75,540
Had anyone try both Ucotech ES2203 Brillante and Fiio FF5 ?

Would like to know your thought about how similar or different are they?

FF5 price in Aliexpress is very tempting. 😆😆

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #71,346 of 75,540

I think @sofastreamer owns both. Maybe he can share some thoughts with you.

Aug 24, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #71,347 of 75,540
Especially right now - I bought a second pair of the Yinman on AliExpress for $84.40 yesterday. Lots of good coupons and sales right now.

My own personal opinion - I really like the Zen 3.0, but the weight of the cable made it difficult to keep the buds in my ears. The Yinman are very light, weight-wise, and stay put perfectly. The Yinman also edges out the Zen 3.0 sound-wise for me thanks to the increased bass.
Congrats on your new (duplicate) shiny! :)

That is a fantastic price for the Yinmans. I wonder if they are making "room" for the next iteration?! I am eagerly awaiting those... :)

Sorry bro, I have not tried any of the Ucotech buds.

Aug 24, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #71,348 of 75,540
Is there any detail comparison between

NICEHCK EB2S PRO and NICEHCK EBX21?

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #71,350 of 75,540
Impressions soon!

1000004894.jpg

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #71,352 of 75,540
Aug 25, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #71,353 of 75,540
Got my hands on Fiio FF1.

PXL_20230825_211947808.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

First impression is positive (without foams). Versatile tuning that handles all genres just fine. Bass is well present with some clean punch. NOT the ultra clean type of vocal, but you can sense enough air in the notes. Almost V-shaped based on first 20 minutes of listening. I personally like them better than LBB and Yincrow X6. Things to improve: Bass and vocal ain't separated enough overall.

About the two pins. Attached quite snag, so no worry about falling off. Can fit regular 2 pin with some triming on the corner & middle. I'm thinking of modify one of my 2 pin to MMCX adapters, then pair with Bluetooth hooks. However that'll make the stem a bit too long.

Another thing I noticed(not 100% sure yet), the origin pins are ever slightly narrower than the 0.78 two pins I tried. You all know how 0.78 will work on 0.75 socket. It'll work, but whatever. Again, worth the price!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #71,354 of 75,540
Got my hands on Fiio FF1.

First impression is positive (without foams). Versatile tuning that handles all genres just fine. Bass is well present with some clean punch. NOT the ultra clean type of vocal, but you can sense enough air in the notes. Almost V-shaped based on first 20 minutes of listening. I personally like them better than LBB and Yincrow X6. Things to improve: Bass and vocal ain't separated enough overall.

About the two pins. Attached quite snag, so no worry about falling off. Can fit regular 2 pin with some triming on the corner & middle. I'm thinking of modify one of my 2 pin to MMCX adapters, then pair with Bluetooth hooks. However that'll make the stem a bit too long.

Another thing I noticed(not 100% sure yet), the origin pins are ever slightly narrower than the 0.78 two pins I tried. You all know how 0.78 will work on 0.75 socket. It'll work, but whatever. Again, worth the price!

Better than the X6? Bold claim. Mine are on the way…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back