EarMen ST-Amp
Dec 4, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #46 of 63
I just ordered an ST-Amp at a reduced price that works out to be about one third of the original price when it was launched and shipped for free, I couldn’t pass the offer up.

Any further information from those that have the ST-Amp, pros and cons ? How is the noise floor with IEM ?

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #47 of 63
I just ordered an ST-Amp at a reduced price that works out to be about one third of the original price when it was launched and shipped for free, I couldn’t pass the offer up.

Any further information from those that have the ST-Amp, pros and cons ? How is the noise floor with IEM ?
I use it mostly with IEM and even with full BA set, it is very quiet and dark background..but i have not tried those which is super sensitive

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #49 of 63
Excellent news, none of my IEM are super sensitive so it sounds like I should be fine with them off the ST-Amp.
Yeap! Hehe enjoy!
The amp section is excellent,

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #50 of 63
ST-Amp arrived 1 week after ordering delivered free to the other side of the world and a total price about 1/3 of the original sales price on launch earlier this year courtesy of a recent sale price.

( Not as powerful as I expected and Dan Clark Aeon Noire, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 and Sennheiser HD600 need the pot wound up a fair way even with the Aeon and HD600 out of the 4.4mm but it gets the job done. Around 2 o’clock on the pot is a pretty casual listening volume. ) SEE EDIT BELOW.

The better news is that even with my most sensitive IEM there is barely the faintest noise floor with no source and the volume wound completely to the stop. With less sensitive IEM like IE600 it is dead quiet.

I am currently listening to the IE600 out of the 4.4mm using the internal DAC fed by an iPad mini 6 running Apple Music and it sounds fabulous.

I have only briefly tried my M11 Plus LTD and iFi Gryphon as the DAC but I am surprised how well the somewhat modest DAC in the ST-Amp holds its own.

EDIT: Having just read a review linked a couple of pages back and experimented a bit I take back my power output comments. The volume pot ramps up very slowly until around 3 o’clock after which it really increases output power quickly. While 2 o’clock was normal listening winding it to 4 o’clock gets much louder and it ramps even faster after that. This makes the output a bit misleading but does make the ST-Amp very usable with IEM despite having no gain control.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #51 of 63
ST-Amp doing a lovely job with Sennheiser IE600 using my little Shanling M3 Ultra via a GUCaftsman 4.4mm interconnect.

All day fatigue free listening.

IMG_0051.jpeg

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #52 of 63
ST-Amp doing a lovely job with Sennheiser IE600 using my little Shanling M3 Ultra via a GUCaftsman 4.4mm interconnect.

All day fatigue free listening.

IMG_0051.jpeg
Nice! Enjoy it

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #53 of 63
Does any one have compared it with Earmen TR-Amp as well.
Doesn't all earmen lime up share same tonality?
I really liked TRAmp tonal character, specially the dynamics even more than that of mojo or Fiio m11 plus or k9 pro AKM. However it's dac section was bit grainy in sound and it did not had any analogue input so I sold it.

Does STAmp also follow same philosophy? Great dynamics and clean response in mids and highs?

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #54 of 63
ST-Amp arrived 1 week after ordering delivered free to the other side of the world and a total price about 1/3 of the original sales price on launch earlier this year courtesy of a recent sale price.

( Not as powerful as I expected and Dan Clark Aeon Noire, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 and Sennheiser HD600 need the pot wound up a fair way even with the Aeon and HD600 out of the 4.4mm but it gets the job done. Around 2 o’clock on the pot is a pretty casual listening volume. ) SEE EDIT BELOW.

The better news is that even with my most sensitive IEM there is barely the faintest noise floor with no source and the volume wound completely to the stop. With less sensitive IEM like IE600 it is dead quiet.

I am currently listening to the IE600 out of the 4.4mm using the internal DAC fed by an iPad mini 6 running Apple Music and it sounds fabulous.

I have only briefly tried my M11 Plus LTD and iFi Gryphon as the DAC but I am surprised how well the somewhat modest DAC in the ST-Amp holds its own.

EDIT: Having just read a review linked a couple of pages back and experimented a bit I take back my power output comments. The volume pot ramps up very slowly until around 3 o’clock after which it really increases output power quickly. While 2 o’clock was normal listening winding it to 4 o’clock gets much louder and it ramps even faster after that. This makes the output a bit misleading but does make the ST-Amp very usable with IEM despite having no gain control.
How does it handle analogue input from your Fiio Or IFI as dac?

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #55 of 63
Does any one have compared it with Earmen TR-Amp as well.
Doesn't all earmen lime up share same tonality?
I really liked TRAmp tonal character, specially the dynamics even more than that of mojo or Fiio m11 plus or k9 pro AKM. However it's dac section was bit grainy in sound and it did not had any analogue input so I sold it.

Does STAmp also follow same philosophy? Great dynamics and clean response in mids and highs?
As a DAC/amp is like the TR-amp in steroids. As a standalone amplifier is miles better.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #56 of 63
As a DAC/amp is like the TR-amp in steroids. As a standalone amplifier is miles better.
Yeap, fully agree, the amp section is just crazy good

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #59 of 63
Works good and sounds great.

I think the ST-Amp sounds good with the built in DAC but maybe I am missing some nuances that others are more aware of since the DAC is generally criticised somewhat.
Oh thanks for the reply.
I wanted to play with chord mojo's sound signature to this Amp. Other Amp I tried tend to color a sound a bit in a way I don't like.
Wanted to place mojo's depth to dynamics of earmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back