Eartips for IEMs - which brand has most comfortable eartip sets for YOU? [Buying advice please]
Sep 14, 2022 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Billmurraydelirium

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, IEM total newbie (more of a headphone/speakers user) and looking for some advice please :)

I'd like to experience different sizing/tips/comfort/fit of IEMs, so I can discover whether I can find IEMs that are comfortable. When I was younger I didn't like stuff in my ear, but becoming more "open minded".
  • Could anyone kindly suggest some IEMs/gear to try, based on the spec below?
  • Or even suggest IEM listings website where I can filter at least some of these specified variables to narrow the search?
  • Or both sources of advice would be most welcome!

Specification (must haves)
1. Tips
i) IEM that already comes with a selection of tip sizes, OR
ii)
A separate, but easily available "variety box" of tips that is compatible with an IEM you recommend.
This criterion is based on my assumptions that:
  • It's the tips that dictates the comfort in general? and
  • Size is more important than material when talking about comfort? (Feel free to correct me on what dictates the comfort the most!)
2. Budget
USD 50-80 ish? for IEM and a set of tips (flexible)

3. Connector
MMCX only

4. Depth
The depth of the "IEM plus the tip" into the ear should be within a "typical", or at least "not uncommon" range of depth. Not extreme, that is to say: not either deep (etymotic) or shallow (earbud) types.

Specification (ideal/nice to haves - can increase budget)
5. IEM Sound
The IEM sound is sort of a secondary concern at this "fitting" stage, but might as well try to get one I like from the start, so:
i) Frequency response sounds balanced. Think "starter IEM" I guess OR
ii
) Good sub-bass and bass, and relaxed in the mids/highs/presence region (not too sharp/sibilant) OR
iii
) Suggestions for both of these styles most welcome! (Music style: Mostly electronic, hip hop and jazz.)

Notes
Setup
: will be using the IEMS with a cable first, connected to IFI Go Blu/Hidizs S9 Pro, and then considering to buy wireless adapters UTWS5 in future
Shipping: i'm based in the EU though, I know most stuff is easily available, but just thought i'd mention

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 7
iBasso IT00 fits your requirements (and matches the second sound criterion you listed).

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 7
1. Tips
i) IEM that already comes with a selection of tip sizes, OR
ii)
A separate, but easily available "variety box" of tips that is compatible with an IEM you recommend.
This criterion is based on my assumptions that:
  • It's the tips that dictates the comfort in general? and
  • Size is more important than material when talking about comfort? (Feel free to correct me on what dictates the comfort the most!)
Final audio type e tips, you get them in pack of 5 sizes and adapters for most size iem, about 25 usd. Maybe not within your budget but certainly worth a try

Sep 18, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 7
I've tried the Dunu Spinfits (I have the CP100 S) but I found them kind of plastic-y and they were a little more uncomfortable for long periods. I bought JVC HA-FDX1 headphones and they came with Spiral Dots+ I think and I cannot tell you how much I love them. They are so soft and along with that they feel nice in the ears! I would recommend you try them out definitely. They are a bit more expensive though, going for about 10-20$ I think, whereas the Spinfits are around half that in price. Spinfits aren't a bad choice either but do try out the Spiral Dots if you favor comfort.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back