Eddie Current's upcoming SS amp called Red Top ?!
Jul 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #168 of 173
I thought that the poster was probably mistaken. I've never seen an even "semi-serious" headphone amp
make it's way onto Massdrop ! (Headphone Amp / Dacs don't count as Headphone Amps ; they should be called "wanna-be Headphone Amps" or "confused identity Headphone Amps")

Components lose a huge amount of credibility if I've seen them on Massdrop, except for Audeze items ! I was
extremely surprised to see things from Audeze there., but I think it was more to push that confused identity
Headphone Amp (The Deckard). Why they just didn't put a better PS in it rather than even mess with adding a DAC section to it , I don't understand ! (Who would have Audeze HPs if you didn't already have a real DAC to begin with)

An Eddie Current amp on Massdrop ? That seemed to be stretch of feasibility!

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #169 of 173
I thought that the poster was probably mistaken. I've never seen an even "semi-serious" headphone amp
make it's way onto Massdrop ! (Headphone Amp / Dacs don't count as Headphone Amps ; they should be called "wanna-be Headphone Amps" or "confused identity Headphone Amps")

Components lose a huge amount of credibility if I've seen them on Massdrop, except for Audeze items ! I was
extremely surprised to see things from Audeze there., but I think it was more to push that confused identity
Headphone Amp (The Deckard). Why they just didn't put a better PS in it rather than even mess with adding a DAC section to it , I don't understand ! (Who would have Audeze HPs if you didn't already have a real DAC to begin with)

An Eddie Current amp on Massdrop ? That seemed to be stretch of feasibility!

Except the AKG K7XX, which is an amazing headphone for the price, and the Gustard H10/X12. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #171 of 173
Components lose a huge amount of credibility if I've seen them on Massdrop

There is nothing though stopping you from paying a higher price with a traditional retailer and then telling the internet afterwards

I 'm really not knocking the whole concept of Massdrop, (I'm not crazy enough to imply spending "Rainy
Day" money for equipment isn't a very good idea)

The concept only works for me if I'm buying something I would rather have than what I'm already using,
& it seems those things aren't what I'm seeing on Massdrop,

Yeah, that was a mental slip on my part to even mention that !

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #172 of 173
I am starting a new BW impressions thread to consolidate impressions. My impressions are still in process, but I only have the demo unit for a short period so I wanted to announce while I still have the unit in case anyone has any questions I can answer. Please feel free to add your impressions now or move any impressions left in obscure places. You can also provide links, and I will add all links to the reserved second post.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777009/eddie-current-black-widow-solid-state-headphone-amp-impressions-thread

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #173 of 173
Good idea.  A thread with the correct amp name....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back