Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #7,606 of 7,968
Hi everyone,

Our Secret Santa Gift Box has sold out on our official website.

We are very thankful for the overwhelming response we received for this limited-edition product!

For those who missed out on the Ares S x Cadmus Christmas Edition Cable, don't worry! If you are interested in a normal variant which comes with the standard Signature Series Hardware Design, you can email us at marketing@effectaudio.com.
So glad that I ordered one, this was one FOMO that I would have regretted if hadn't done so

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #7,607 of 7,968
As we are all getting excited for EA24 releases….Some impressions on the most waited cable of the year (WELL… at least for me :p)…

IMG_0244.jpeg

Ares S + Cadmus Cable

Buckling up the seatbelts
:

After a year of anticipation, born from my persistent mentions and requests (and maybe others), the Ares S + Cadmus cable is finally officially alive and in my hands. This intriguing combination was in my mind since I first heard both separated. Combining the warmth and richness of pure copper from the Ares S with the crisp, clear attributes of the silver-plated copper of Cadmus, promises a real journey. This time I've paired it with the usual classic IEMs - the 64 Audio A12t and the Empire Ears LX - to explore how this hybrid cable influences and interacts with different sound signatures, particularly across the demanding genres of Metal and Hip-hop.

IMG_0245.jpeg

Build and Aesthetics:

Firstly, the craftsmanship of the Ares S + Cadmus is the cherry on top of the Signature series (except for Eros S 1st Anniversary…it is still unbeaten in looks). The cable is flexible, yet thick if that is your gig. The Hardware is a shinny chrome looking that I liked more than the traditional grey on original series.

IMG_0253.jpeg

How does it groove?

The sound signature can be characterised as one offering the best of both worlds. The copper lends a lush, deep low-end, appreciated in the rumbling bass of Hip-hop and the aggressive power of Metal. Conversely, the silver-plated copper component ensures that the treble remains extended and clear, bringing forward the nuances and details in complex musical arrangements usually seen on fast paced Metal, like some Dream Theatre’s songs.

IMG_0250.jpeg

64 Audio A12t: the classic of the classics.

Paired with the 64 Audio A12t, known for its versatility and balanced sound, the Ares S + Cadmus cable brings a noticeable enhancement in sonic performance. Metal tracks like Metallica's "Sad But True" exhibit a deeper, more resonant low end, giving the drums and bass guitars a richer presence. This depth doesn't muddy the overall sound but instead adds a satisfying warmth. Simultaneously, the treble extends gracefully, allowing the high-hats and cymbal crashes to shine through with clarity, avoiding any harshness.

Empire Ears LX: the all time Bass King.

The Empire Ears LX, with its already impressive low-end performance, takes on a new character with the Ares S + Cadmus. The cable adds an extra layer of depth to Hip-hop tracks. In Wiz Khalifa's "Black and Yellow," the bass lines are impactful yet controlled, providing a solid foundation without overshadowing the mids and highs. The silver-plated copper component ensures that the clarity and detail in Lil Wayne's intricate rhymes are not lost, offering an extended treble that complements the LX’s low end focus sound profile.

IMG_0252.jpeg

Interim Final thoughts:

This is a cable that I have been calling for at least a year and after having it in my hands it’s a confirmation of my expectations… Ares S + Cadmus is a cable that doesn’t just connect; it enhances the qualities of both cables when working together as a team. For casual audiophiles (and die hards on a budget) who have longed for a cable that marries the warmth and depth of copper with the clarity and sparkle of silver, this is a dream come true. Its performance with both the 64 Audio A12t and Empire Ears LX across Metal and Hip-hop genres showcases its versatility and the profound impact it can have on different IEMs.

1702609002786.jpeg

PS.: I wish Gaea would have come with this cable in the box. :)
Hi,
How does it compares against the Cadmus FE plize ? :beerchug:

Dec 15, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #7,608 of 7,968
My EA Halloween franken-cable finally came in.
Ares S x Cadmus with the Signature series hardware.
Kinda wish they hooked me up with the Christmas cable hardware for more bling with the Diva.

1702680650052.png

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #7,609 of 7,968
Ares S x Cadmus 8 Wire Christmas Special

The Ares S x Cadmus is a 24 AWG 8 Wire cable. It is, as the name suggests, a combination of the Ares S and the Cadmus 4 wire cables. Being an 8 wire it is quite thick, but still quite supple and very easy to manage when in use. The copper and silver wires are very nicely woven together and the cable comes with chrome hardware. As an added extra it also comes with ConX which is of course useful if you have a few IEMs with different connectors.

I’ve been doing some listening with the Legend X and the SP3000 using Tidal hi-res. I have done a few long sessions now with this cable and I’ve not grown tired of it. To my ears the sound from the LX is helped by a perfect mix between Cadmus and Ares S. I want to go and take time back a bit to when I had both the prototypes P37 and P38 with me, aka Cadmus and Ares S. This is what I heard with each one separately and these are my brief notes from that time:

LX with Ares S (P38) – Straight away the bass stands out with this pairing, I was hearing more sub bass rumble and more punch from mid bass from tracks that have it. The mid-section is clear but still retains a real hint of warmth. The treble is extended quite well on the LX but never fatiguing. This pairing is very warm.

LX with Cadmus (P37) – There is clearer sound with compared to the P38 and this is noticeable straight away. There is more extension in the treble and I’m finding it has more detail. the mids feel smooth whereas the highs seem a bit more crisp. I think the mids seem a bit clearer on the P37, and this may show that this cable is a bit more revealing than it’s sibling P38. Bass feels a lot tighter on the P37. Mid bass has a good punch to it and sub bass is really noticeable when it is called fall. The P37 definitely seems to aid the low end.

So what you get then with this Christmas Edition cable is the best of both of these cables. There’s clarity and warmth with a deep yet tight bass, smooth detail and clarity of the mids with good layering and separation of instruments, and a controlled yet crisp extension of the treble. This combination works well with the LX and I actually think the combination of the two cables suits the LX better than with each cable individually. I’ve been listening to this pairing for hours at a time and there is no fatigue at all. I liked using the LX with the Ares S x Cadmus while I’m working as it allows me to concentrate on the work but still get some great sound from the music.

IMG_2694.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #7,611 of 7,968
Dispatch email received, the Xmas cable is on the way :)

Also received shipping notification early this morning... meanwhile my Eros S Anni, ordered back on Nov 14, is still on it's way via free standard international registered mail. It'll probably late Jan before I'll see the Eros x Cadmus XMAS cable.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 11.27.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 11.32.59 AM.png

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #7,612 of 7,968
Christmas came early🎄
Like the feel of the cable sleeving and surprisingly the y splitter and plug are not as heavy as they look (Comparatively, the Anni 23 stock cable feels very heavy) which improves comfort and ergonomics 👍
20231220_134825.jpg

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #7,613 of 7,968
Dec 23, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #7,616 of 7,968
Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄✨ Dropping by to share an eye candy. It's in a beautiful sapphire blue
1703169531519.jpg
Sapphire-1W-291199.jpg
As beautiful it is to watch, it sounds quite remarkable also. Imaging gets to be cleaner pristine, gives extra volume to each notes, adding some clarity to the presentation overall. The bass tightens up making it sound denser more concentrated, and less boomy & more punchy. It retains the sound signature i.e. doesn't alter the flavor/tonality of the IEM too much, remaining neutral while adding some weight and definition

I definitely enjoyed listening with this prototype cable, and look forward to seeing its final form. Many would like it I'm sure, not just aesthetically but sound-wise too :) I hope many more would get to listen soon. Thanks to @JordonEA for this opportunity

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #7,617 of 7,968
What more could we audiophiles wish for as a New Year's gift? Effect Audio is set to unveil some exciting surprises in the upcoming year, and I've had the privilege of testing a couple of prototype cables. Courtesy, dear @JordonEA.

Let's call these cables 'blue' and 'purple' for now. The 'blue' cable, in particular, exhibits a premium-quality sound. It enhances the impact and texture of the bass, contributes to an overall clarity with a bit of refinement in the sound, and maintains transparency without altering the original signature. There's also subtle treble taming, and the mids carry a sweeter tone. The enhancement in clarity on the 'blue' cable is truly commendable. Even if you are already using a good-quality cable, you can very easily feel the difference (polishing) in sound, which is big and spacious. It's an easy recommendation, for sure.

On the other hand, the 'purple' cable holds its own character, particularly in the sub-bass region and vocals. In contrast to the refining nature of the 'blue,' the 'purple' injects a bit of fun and zest into the overall sound, again maintaining transparency. Blue is definitely the better of the two.

Both of these cables possess impressive durability, and I appreciate their colors, which are different from the typical appearance of an IEM cable. The finished product must look quite beautiful. I'm really eager for their release and look forward to eventually owning them once they are officially released. I can confidently assure you that these cables are easy winners, particularly in terms of pure sonic performance.

ea_b.jpg

IMG_8918.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #7,618 of 7,968
What more could we audiophiles wish for as a New Year's gift? Effect Audio is set to unveil some exciting surprises in the upcoming year, and I've had the privilege of testing a couple of prototype cables. Courtesy, dear @JordonEA.

Let's call these cables 'blue' and 'purple' for now. The 'blue' cable, in particular, exhibits a premium-quality sound. It enhances the impact and texture of the bass, contributes to an overall clarity with a bit of refinement in the sound, and maintains transparency without altering the original signature. There's also subtle treble taming, and the mids carry a sweeter tone. The enhancement in clarity on the 'blue' cable is truly commendable. Even if you are already using a good-quality cable, you can very easily feel the difference (polishing) in sound, which is big and spacious. It's an easy recommendation, for sure.

On the other hand, the 'purple' cable holds its own character, particularly in the sub-bass region and vocals. In contrast to the refining nature of the 'blue,' the 'purple' injects a bit of fun and zest into the overall sound, again maintaining transparency. Blue is definitely the better of the two.

Both of these cables possess impressive durability, and I appreciate their colors, which are different from the typical appearance of an IEM cable. The finished product must look quite beautiful. I'm really eager for their release and look forward to eventually owning them once they are officially released. I can confidently assure you that these cables are easy winners, particularly in terms of pure sonic performance.

ea_b.jpg

ea_p.jpg
It's like asking Neo, Blue or Purple? I am rather enjoying purple as I test these out. But the week isn't over. It should be pointed out that both of these cables are similar to the Code 23, in that the wire is stiff, blue cable being a little thicker and thus a little more difficult to work with. But both are more ergo than Code 23.

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #7,620 of 7,968

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back