Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 18, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #1,576 of 7,999
Musicteck doesn’t have the loaner program anymore, unless they restarted. They do have sales once in a while so I would email them and ask.

Really? Damn, that sucks.

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #1,577 of 7,999
@Deezel177 Hey my man, I have another followup question for you: Does the Lionheart provide any boosts to the low mids? Particularly, bass guitars?

Slightly, but the Lionheart has a softer touch in general. If you like your bass guitars more growl-y, the Lionheart may lack that little bit of texture. They're definitely more rich and melodic when it comes to the upper-bass/lower-midrange.

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,578 of 7,999
Slightly, but the Lionheart has a softer touch in general. If you like your bass guitars more growl-y, the Lionheart may lack that little bit of texture. They're definitely more rich and melodic when it comes to the upper-bass/lower-midrange.

Ahh..thank you! I think it would be a good idea to demo the lionheart before I sell my leo then. I'm concerned that i'll end up preferring the leo, and then regret having sold it.

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #1,579 of 7,999
Ahh..thank you! I think it would be a good idea to demo the lionheart before I sell my leo then. I'm concerned that i'll end up preferring the leo, and then regret having sold it.

Definitely. The Leonidas has the grittier and more dynamic low-end, while the Lionheart is all about the big picture; a gorgeously smooth and decadent overall image without any roll-off or drop in clarity. A demo is always much preferred, so I'd absolutely recommend it.

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #1,580 of 7,999
Definitely. The Leonidas has the grittier and more dynamic low-end, while the Lionheart is all about the big picture; a gorgeously smooth and decadent overall image without any roll-off or drop in clarity. A demo is always much preferred, so I'd absolutely recommend it.

Hey Daniel, love your reviews! something to settle down with cup of coffee and soak up the words. I'm using the Lionheart and it pairs well with the Noble Encores, as well as my Fitear TG334 with adapters. Have you tried the Effect Mars? just wondering if you think they would be a good fit with either of these iems and female vocals.

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #1,581 of 7,999
Hey Daniel, love your reviews! something to settle down with cup of coffee and soak up the words. I'm using the Lionheart and it pairs well with the Noble Encores, as well as my Fitear TG334 with adapters. Have you tried the Effect Mars? just wondering if you think they would be a good fit with either of these iems and female vocals.

The Mars, to me, is the middle-ground between the Leonidas and the Horus. It has the Leonidas's laid-back-yet-clear midrange as well as excellent low-end extension, and pairs that with transparent, far-reaching highs that evoke the Horus. I think it would pair well with the TG334, given its darker timbre, but I fear it may prove too harsh on the Encore. If you want an alternative to the Lionheart, I'd actually recommend a Bespoke option: A Leo-Mars hybrid. It's a 2-wire Leonidas braided together with a 2-wire Mars and it's an excellently transparent sound; tight, controlled and clear in the bass, and crystalline at the top-end. I believe it costs 100-200 SGD more than the Mars, but if your main focus was female vocals, it's definitely worth a look.

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #1,582 of 7,999
BTW,
music sanctuary has one last eros ll for sale at a very interesting price, take a look, even if you have to re-terminate it, its still a very good deal.

https://music-sanctuary.com/collect...eals/products/clearance-eros-ii-upgrade-cable
So i ordered the last 4.4mm terminated Eros II cable from Music Sanctuary and sent them an email asking them to help me re-terminate it to a 3.5mm. On hindsight, I should have probably added a re-terminate fee along with the order. Here to hoping they reply to my email before they send out the actual cable. Don't really want to pay for postage back to them from AU. In terms of sound, would it affect anything getting them to change it for me rather than buying a 3.5mm stock?

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #1,583 of 7,999
So i ordered the last 4.4mm terminated Eros II cable from Music Sanctuary and sent them an email asking them to help me re-terminate it to a 3.5mm. On hindsight, I should have probably added a re-terminate fee along with the order. Here to hoping they reply to my email before they send out the actual cable. Don't really want to pay for postage back to them from AU. In terms of sound, would it affect anything getting them to change it for me rather than buying a 3.5mm stock?

As long as they reterminate it with a Furutech connector and with the same solder, then you're all good.

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #1,584 of 7,999
Just to update:

I did the most obvious thing this morning and compared my tia to the U18t demo with the stock cables. In the end, I prefer the sound signature of the tia fourte. That leaves the "why don't you just get another IEM" out of the equation. I guess it's going to come down to trying a new cable.

@Deezel177 Again, I really appreciate your patience and the constructive input that you've provided me thus far. I needed to bother you with yet another question. Let's consider this with another approach: What would I lose (in terms of sound signature) if I were to change from a Leonidas to a Lionheart?

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #1,585 of 7,999
Just to update:

I did the most obvious thing this morning and compared my tia to the U18t demo with the stock cables. In the end, I prefer the sound signature of the tia fourte. That leaves the "why don't you just get another IEM" out of the equation. I guess it's going to come down to trying a new cable.

@Deezel177 Again, I really appreciate your patience and the constructive input that you've provided me thus far. I needed to bother you with yet another question. Let's consider this with another approach: What would I lose (in terms of sound signature) if I were to change from a Leonidas to a Lionheart?

Going to the Lionheart, you’d lose the Leonidas’s growling sub-bass and lower-treble bite. The latter will also alter stage presentation; shifting it from an articulation-heavy one into a richer, more euphonic and cohesive soundscape.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #1,588 of 7,999
As long as they reterminate it with a Furutech connector and with the same solder, then you're all good.

Do you know what solder they use?

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,590 of 7,999
has anyone listened to the Phantom with the new Horus cable? I heard the Phantom at Canjam and from what i remember of the sound and the description of Horus here, sounds like a match made in heaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back