Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #1,696 of 7,997
Oh hello Aaron @Rei87, Thank you for your feedbacks.

Honestly it's one of the worse plugs I've ever tried. I tried their demo cable with the gold Effect branded 2.5mm plug. Insert it into my AK380 copper. Then it got stuck and I'm having alot of trouble removing it. Thank god i managed to pry it off. I think it's 2.6mm lol. From now on, I only demo the cables with reliable high grade plugs like Oyaide and Furutech.

That's interesting. Have any users faced this before?

@Wyville @flinkenick @twister6 @Oscar-HiFi @PinkyPowers - You guys have had extended listening time with our products. Is there any related issues or something that i could've missed?

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #1,697 of 7,997
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #1,698 of 7,997
Honestly it's one of the worse plugs I've ever tried. I tried their demo cable with the gold Effect branded 2.5mm plug. Insert it into my AK380 copper. Then it got stuck and I'm having alot of trouble removing it. Thank god i managed to pry it off. I think it's 2.6mm lol. From now on, I only demo the cables with reliable high grade plugs like Oyaide and Furutech.
Hmm Interesting.... Are you sure that you tried those demo at the authorized distributor? Or could it be that you are trying fake effect audio cables?
I had several effect audio cable with 2.5mm and AK380 Cu. Never have those problems.

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #1,699 of 7,997
I have 4 EA cables and 3 EA adapters with various terminations (2.5mm, 3.5mm, 4.4mm). Never had an issue with any of them, and I'm a hardcore user due to my review work and comparisons.

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #1,700 of 7,997

@Wyville @flinkenick @twister6 @Oscar-HiFi @PinkyPowers - You guys have had extended listening time with our products. Is there any related issues or something that i could've missed?

-Eric

Hey Eric! I hope that the Monday is finding you well. There's always this Monday lethargy that comes with the start of a new week. Anyway glad of you to chip in, as you are just the man who could answer my question. It was actually a question, a statement prehaps, but most certainly not a feedback as you seem to have misinterpreted it as. I didnt offer any criticism or suggestions with regards to your TOTL cable, but made an observation, question, about its construction due to my lack of knowledge in this hobby. So it the new EA ferrite plug a redesigned plug? Or is is a choker wrapped around a wire in a standard plug?

Maybe choker plug was a mistake as I didnt get a reviewer's unit and was simply had a mass produced one, so the quality control may perhaps have lapsed a little like how production lines have a QC percentage target. But dont worry about warrantying it, I'll just have it serviced properly on my own account.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,701 of 7,997
Wouldn't the Horus cable given its price come standard with EA's PSquare plug which I read offers superior performance to the Oyaide connectors?

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #1,702 of 7,997
I've had the experience of effect audio plugs generally having a tighter fit but not so tight that I had to pry anything off xD

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #1,703 of 7,997
Wouldn't the Horus cable given its price come standard with EA's PSquare plug which I read offers superior performance to the Oyaide connectors?

I would assume so? Anyway thats the main reason why I bought the cable too. I was intrigued by their claims of a redesigned plug so I decided to buy their TOTL cable and verify its performance and claims for myself. If it was really that good I would have bought cables just for the plug lol.

Anyway, it appears to my untrained eye to be a standard Oyaide Platinum plated plug (link provided), with an effect barrel on it, and a ferrite bead (I'm sure that i've seen that somewhere locally, but I cant remember the place now) around the wire. I could be wrong, but then again I am after all just a simple user who buys products to test without obligations.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #1,704 of 7,997

PSquare plug is manufactured exclusively by Oyaide.

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,705 of 7,997

Agreed, its exclusively made and sold by oyaide, both for effect and on the open market.

But thats not what im asking. I thought it's performance was because it was a uniquely designed plug by and for effect as per a collaboration. It now sounds like a rebranded oyaide plug.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,706 of 7,997
Sorry I must have confused Oyaide with Furutech. My understanding is the PSquare connectors are a higher grade than the regular 3.5 and 2.5mm connectors EA uses.

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #1,708 of 7,997

-Eric
Nope, never any issues like this at all and like Twister6 I do a lot of cable rolling. The only issue I have had with the plug is that my Ares II occasionally unscrews, but that has more to do with my OCD and me turning it quite often to get the EA logo to face forward (OCD can be so much fun! :D).

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #1,709 of 7,997

-Eric

I have Thor II and Leonidas terminated in 2.5mm, and they never get stuck in the jacks of any of my hand-full of balanced DAPs.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,710 of 7,997

-Eric

No issues with the following DAPs: Opus #2, Opus #1s, Shanling M3s, iBasso DX200 (amp1 + amp3).

Tried with my Ares II, Eros II and also loan (every model apart from the new Janus).

So yeah... No issues with any Effect Audio 2.5mm plug at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back