Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 8, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #5,971 of 7,971
I'm actually field testing all three now, for the upcoming CanJam London preview video. I can say that, of the three, the Cadmus is my favorite by far. :relaxed:
I only had a chance to hear the Ares S and Cadmus and with my home setup I favorited the Cadmus. The Ares S did offer a excellent sound and it was a difficult choice deciding btw them. The Cadmus worked better with the tube amp setup so went with it.
With getting a Ares ii dac I feel the Cadmus will be a even better match in my system so I’m happy went it.

Jul 9, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #5,972 of 7,971
The Cadmus worked better with the tube amp setup so went with it.
With getting a Ares ii dac I feel the Cadmus will be a even better match in my system so I’m happy went it.

Yeah, I think you made the right choice given that. :)

Jul 10, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #5,973 of 7,971
So how does bespokeing work? Can I combine any two cables? Was about to send my Code 51 in to be reterminated but just gabbed a set of Leonidas II Octa's, won't how they would sound together

Jul 10, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #5,974 of 7,971
20220711_114614.jpg

Oh yea, I couldn't make up my mind so I just bought all and here they are. Haven't been this excited for a while :L3000: .

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #5,975 of 7,971

Oh yea, I couldn't make up my mind so I just bought all and here they are. Haven't been this excited for a while :L3000: .
Awesome glad to see there shipping them out. Did you get any advance info or did they just show up?

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #5,977 of 7,971
Yup, you get a DHL waybill email notification. Actually a few DHL emails and a single SMS.
Awesome enjoy the new cables. Hopefully will get a notice soon on mine. I forgot did you get to try all 3 prototypes or is one of theres going be a new listening experience for you?

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #5,979 of 7,971
So how does bespokeing work? Can I combine any two cables? Was about to send my Code 51 in to be reterminated but just gabbed a set of Leonidas II Octa's, won't how they would sound together
Hi Shawnb,

Oh ya, Bespoke is actually open for customer like you that owning one of our product, and would like to get improvement from certain area(bass, mids, treble, soundstage, clarity or detail), we will give you advise based on your preference to give you suggestion on what to add on, eg, add Leo II 4w on your Code 51 to make it 8 wire version).

Suyang
20220711_114614.jpg
Great!!! Sorry for the long wait and really appreciated your patience!!!

Hopefully you will love them all.

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 11, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #5,981 of 7,971
Hi Shawnb,

Oh ya, Bespoke is actually open for customer like you that owning one of our product, and would like to get improvement from certain area(bass, mids, treble, soundstage, clarity or detail), we will give you advise based on your preference to give you suggestion on what to add on, eg, add Leo II 4w on your Code 51 to make it 8 wire version).

Suyang

Great!!! Sorry for the long wait and really appreciated your patience!!!

Hopefully you will love them all.

Suyang

I just grabbed a set of the Leo II 8w. Is that something that can be combined with the Code 51?

The difficulty I have is my main IEM's are from a brand that is rightfully hated and despised so finding others to help me make the best pairing is near impossible. I'm too much of a layperson to be able to appreciate some of the subtle differences a cable can make, so I try to use others impressions that have matched mine as a guide. For myself I can't always tell during a blind test but then one song will play and it's like night has turned into day and the differences are less subtle and you can hear an improvement.
I'm not really sure what needs improvement as I'm not really qualified to even comment on (bass, mids, treble, soundstage, clarity or detail). I just know I saw a great deal on the Leo II 8w and my Code 51's are in the process of getting ready to be retermined I figured why not look at combining them if that's possible and would offer any sort of benefit. I'm open to all suggestions on improvement.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #5,982 of 7,971
20220711_114614.jpg
My Ares S just came in today 🎉
But it was not wrapped in plastic 🤔

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #5,983 of 7,971
Just got my Ares S today and i couldn't be happier. I got it specifically for my detail monsters, the Tri Starlight. The cable is so nice to hold. It feels very premium. I also compared it to the original Ares that i have attached permanently to my Andromeda Gold. It is much more robust in the hand, but still feels soft and comfortable to wear around the ears. I'm not disappointed in this purchase at all. Very highly recommend for the price.
Also the unboxing experience is very nice. The original only came in a small box. This one comes in a larger box with a pouch and a leather cable holder. A very nice touch by Effect Audio.
20220712_132440.jpg

20220712_132655.jpg

20220712_133143.jpg

20220712_133919.jpg

20220712_134535.jpg

20220712_135320.jpg

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #5,985 of 7,971
Still haven't listened to the Timeless since I sent the protos back to EA. I think 37/Cadmus kinda spoiled Timeless for me. That's not really the main reason why I haven't listened to Timeless, but it's true all the same.
Haha exactly!
My Ares S just came in today 🎉
But it was not wrapped in plastic 🤔
I was told you only get the plastic if you get all three and I realised I NEED the plastic! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back